• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    So with some thinking here, you guys have never taken yourself or family to say, Washington, DC to see all the museums and monuments that DC has to offer ??? Or NYC to see Times Square and take the wife to see the Rocketts or a Broadway Show ??

You know, Indiana Beach is not the Atlantic or Pacific Ocean.
    Just sayin..

That'd be no, no, and no to the first, and as far as the second goes: in spite of what the folks on the coasts think, flyover country is chock full of completely awesome things that one can spend several lifetime exploring and experiencing. It's all about priorities one has in life. I might tour DC's historical features once or twice if DC didn't almost completely stomp on the individual RKBA, but even if I could carry whatever I wanted I have no use whatsoever for NYC.

Oh, and before I get accused of being a rube hick from the sticks: I have traveled all over the world and played tourist in many of the most significant cultural places. Yet if I had to spend a lifetime confined only to Indiana I could still find enough to explore and see and do to satisfy that lifetime. Wonders and experiences have more to do with the person rather than the place.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ... It's all about priorities one has in life. I might tour DC's historical features once or twice if DC didn't almost completely stomp on the individual RKBA...

The same as California, spend your tourist money there and you are legitimizing their anti-2A behavior.
    Stop doing this and they'll change.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    That'd be no, no, and no to the first, and as far as the second goes: in spite of what the folks on the coasts think, flyover country is chock full of completely awesome things that one can spend several lifetime exploring and experiencing. It's all about priorities one has in life. I might tour DC's historical features once or twice if DC didn't almost completely stomp on the individual RKBA, but even if I could carry whatever I wanted I have no use whatsoever for NYC.

Oh, and before I get accused of being a rube hick from the sticks: I have traveled all over the world and played tourist in many of the most significant cultural places. Yet if I had to spend a lifetime confined only to Indiana I could still find enough to explore and see and do to satisfy that lifetime. Wonders and experiences have more to do with the person rather than the place.

+1. Tremendous amounts of natural beauty in Utah ( SE Utah is my favorite) and Arizona (around Sedona or Page) and both states are far more 2A friendly.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013

With all of your world travels how often as a US Citizen / Tourist did you carry a personally owned firearm ??

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    Been there, lived there, NEVER going back! California has NOTHING that you can't find bigger, better, nicer somewhere else where you DO NOT have to surrender your rights! Please re-consider going there any spending your money there which only advances their liberal-leftist agenda!

There are AWESOME places to see, camp, and hike in places like Arizona, Utah, Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming and your Indiana LTCH is valid in every one of them! Support States that value liberty instead of States that restrict it!

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    With all of your world travels how often as a US Citizen / Tourist did you carry a personally owned firearm ??

If I am a visitor in a foreign land I abide by their rules. As a citizen of this country where the government is prohibited by its incorporation documents from infringing on the rights of the people to RKBA I have different expectations. None of which is really relevant to the central tenet of what I wrote, along with your question.

ryang

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    No and no. However, I have been to CA a handful of times.

OP, are you wanting to carry a firearm for protection from people or animals?

I had been looking mostly for animals however don't like to go anywhere without a sidearm for the reason that it MIGHT be needed at anytime.

I do appreciate the suggestions and fully understand everyone's comments regarding changing venue for the hike however how some unfortunate emotional ties to doing a through hike on the John Muir. I'm expecting it to be 200 of the best miles I have ever hiked however still want to be protected. I'm going to keep researching and am going to be 100% positive before taking any firearm (BP included) but don't want to miss the opportunity to be prepared if it is possible. I am currently debating between the ESEE-5 and ESEE-6 for this trip. Which will be purely OC because of certain un-American laws.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    If I am a visitor in a foreign land I abide by their rules. As a citizen of this country where the government is prohibited by its incorporation documents from infringing on the rights of the people to RKBA I have different expectations. None of which is really relevant to the central tenet of what I wrote, along with your question.

Well, I guess to some adding a coat of paint on the World Famous Ball of Paint or spalunking in Gary is a nice vacation to some. I will say the new Orangutan exhibit is world class, but how many times can you see it..
    Not me, I have a hearty appetite to see parts of the world I have never seen..
    Lots to see before I'm dead, to sit on top of Monte Picchu, offshore fishing off Costa Rica, Dove hunting again in Argentina. My bucket list is long, lots to see here in the US and abroad..
    I'm OK with not carrying a firearm everywhere I go nowdays.
    Good luck.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Lots to see before I'm dead, to sit on top of Monte Picchu, offshore fishing off Costa Rica, Dove hunting again in Argentina. My bucket list is long, lots to see here in the US and abroad..

Good for you! Your condescension and ridicule of other folks' priorities in life is duly noted.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    Well, I guess to some adding a coat of paint on the World Famous Ball of Paint or spalunking in Gary is a nice vacation to some. I will say the new Orangutan exhibit is world class, but how many times can you see it..
    Good luck.

If the highlights of the midwest for you are Gary, a ball of paint, and an orangutan exhibit, then you definitely have not tried exploring the midwest, or you are purposely leaving out many interesting things to try to distort peoples' views of this area of the country.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    Good luck.
    Not that I'm judging you, but who is Monte Picchu and why do you want to sit on top of him?

That's my dick way of correcting you. It's Machu Picchu.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I had been looking mostly for animals however don't like to go anywhere without a sidearm for the reason that it MIGHT be needed at anytime.

I do appreciate the suggestions and fully understand everyone's comments regarding changing venue for the hike however how some unfortunate emotional ties to doing a through hike on the John Muir. I'm expecting it to be 200 of the best miles I have ever hiked however still want to be protected. I'm going to keep researching and am going to be 100% positive before taking any firearm (BP included) but don't want to miss the opportunity to be prepared if it is possible. I am currently debating between the ESEE-5 and ESEE-6 for this trip. Which will be purely OC because of certain un-American laws.

What about a long gun?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Not that I'm judging you, but who is Monte Picchu and why do you want to sit on top of him?

That's my dick way of correcting you. It's Machu Picchu.

Yep. 'Monte' means mountain (in spanish) but the locals tend to speak Quechua. In that tongue 'Picchu' means essentially 'mountain with sharp peak' and 'Machu' means very old. Monte Picchu would be redundant redundant :)

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Hike in a group, serial killers tend to look for loners. (You have that covered).

Find someone from Orange county with a permit to go with you.

If it looks and smells like pot, hike the other way.

It's easy to say don't go to CA if you have already been there yourself, you have seen it.

Top Bottom