• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I just got back from a weeklong trip to Evergreen, Colorado and i thought i'd share the trip with INGO! We hiked Santa Fe Mountain near Evergreen, Hiked up to Emerald Lake (Glacial Lake) during a snowstorm in Rocky Mountain National Park, went Snowboarding at Copper Mountain, and hiked to St. Mary's Glacier

also, i'm used to hiking the AT in the Smoky's so snowshoeing was a first for me but i would recommend it to anyone! great experience.

Pic Heavy! I couldn't just pick a couple.

Our Cabin for the week in Evergreen, Colorado.

IMG_0013.JPG

The view from the Balcony ( Lee Wave Lenticular Clouds)
    IMG_0035.JPG

Snowshoeing from Bear Lake up to Emerald Lake in Rocky Mountain National Park. 34' snow base at the trailhead and over 6' of drift at Emerald Lake.
    IMG_0069.JPG

Finally to Emerald Lake, after Crossing Nymph and Dream Lake.
    IMG_0117.JPG

15 degrees at the top with 20 mph snowy winds.

IMG_0130.JPG

Hiking back down across Dream Lake
    IMG_0132.JPG

IMG_0133.JPG

Heard of elk driving back from RMNP
    IMG_0170.JPG

IMG_0168.JPG

Snowboarding at Copper Mountain in the Backcountry.
    IMG_0211.JPG

Hike to St. Mary's Glacier near Idaho Springs, CO. AWESOME views.
    IMG_0247.JPG

Hiking up.
    IMG_0251.JPG

IMG_0262.JPG

Glacier fed lake
    IMG_0280.JPG

Hiking on the Glacier.
    IMG_0311.JPG

Made it up!
    IMG_0320.JPG

To top off the week, my best friend proposed to his lady on the glacier. :rockwoot:
    IMG_0349.JPG

Great Trip to Colorado!

bottlemaker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    Fairmount.in
    W hats a gun guy doing in a state that just had gun control pass by it Dimwits party. Would't go their or spend my money on anything made in that state
    no more Coors for me.
    Bob

dtkw

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2009
    Bloomington
    Great pictures and congrat to your best friend, I think she said yes, right? Didn't look like she was going to slap him.

RyanV

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    La Porte County
    Very nice! My wife and I just got back from Crested Butte on Sunday, beautiful country. We have debated moving there for years and after our most recent trip my wife says we are on the 5 year CO or bust program!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Very nice! My wife and I just got back from Crested Butte on Sunday, beautiful country. We have debated moving there for years and after our most recent trip my wife says we are on the 5 year CO or bust program!

I've also been thinking about moving to Fort Collins, CO right after college for a couple of years before taking the family farm in Southern Indiana. If i don't do it right away, i don't think i ever will. The country is indescribable and pictures don't do justice, but i just wanted to share.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Beautiful scenery!:yesway: Looks like a great time.

For those above planning a future visit, Gov. Hickenlooper thanks you for your support of the 2nd Amendment.

New Mexico, Wyoming and Utah have the scenery, and won't infringe the People's RKBA.

Stubbleducker

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 19, 2009
    Indy
    You're makin' me homesick! But you shoulda taken the board along to Emerald Lake - Lots of folks board down the chutes at the west end of the lake!

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Looks like a great trip! I used to enjoy Colorado quite often; good skiing, climbing, good breweries, great scenery - but with their abrupt turn away from individual rights as more and more transplants from the PRC attempt to remake their cesspool in the greener pastures of Colorado, I couldn't even contemplate living under that kind of regime. Maybe if the residents outside of Denver and Boulder ever manage to take back their state...

Top Bottom