• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Not exactly but close. A senior in a high school close to me was caught with a shotgun in his truck in the school parking lot. He had been hunting the night before. So he had planned to get a ride to school from a friend, but he had to work. So the senior drove his own truck instead, forgetting about the shotgun. Someone saw it and reported the gun. He's in big trouble now. Class D. He can't graduate now. Had a full scholarship to college, which is gone now. Facing jail time I believe.

What a crapper!

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    was this at lebanon or western boone? I saw in a local paper that the kid got arrested. Probably an honest mistake, very unfortunate.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    It seems like sometimes a good explanation should be accepted. I wonder what would have happened if he had gone to the principal and told him about the mistake before he was reported? He probably would have still been expelled for possession of a firearm.

Mikeh82

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    It seems like sometimes a good explanation should be accepted. I wonder what would have happened if he had gone to the principal and told him about the mistake before he was reported? He probably would have still been expelled for possession of a firearm.

How was he going to tell the principal if he forgot about it?

behinger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2009
    Decatur
    I am a little suspicious. How is it that the driver "forgot" about it but the shotgun was visible for another student to see it? if another student could see it couldnt the driver see it too?

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I am a little suspicious. How is it that the driver "forgot" about it but the shotgun was visible for another student to see it? if another student could see it couldnt the driver see it too?

I forgot something in the back of my SUV. I couldn't see it but anyone else walking by could. When I lifted the hatch today I saw it and remembered I needed to take it in the house. Pretty easy actually.

infidel

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I just graduated high school last year, 15 miles west of Western Boone. If I posted how many times I may or may not have left a gun in my truck when I went to school, it might come back to bite me.

This crap is ridiculous.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    There were always shotguns in my high school parking lot and it was only about 10 years ago. Everyone came to school from the woods during deer season and went back after school was out.

I think there are honest mistakes, its just too bad you can't take anyone's word anymore.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    Let's all just be thankful that it was a hunting shotgun. If it were one of those ASSAULT WEAPONS it probably would have blown out the window, shot out of the truck, entered the school, and gone on a rampage.

JDonhardt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    You guys are right. Nevermind the laws.

The kid's story is shaky anyway. He makes plans to avoid taking his truck to school because he will have his hunting shotgun in it. Then his plans fall through. Was it right when his plans fell through that he forgot that he had made planes to avoid taking his gun to school?

TheCapulet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Rural Fairmount
    Actions taken by nutjobs triggered emergency 'zero tolerance' laws/rules for our 'protection'.
    And now that they've been in place, it turns out that they haven't ended up protecting anyone, only screwing honest people and potentially ruining their lives.

But seriously, is there a solution to this problem? I'm sure everyone involved was absolutely sure this kid was going to go on a sick violent videogame induced rampage, killing everyone in sight. The school admins are all patting themselves on the back for a job well done, and this kid will likely never get into anything aside from a 2 year comm college, and will likely end up a cashier for the rest of his life for their 'insight'.

So do you involve your state reps? Get hundreds of people, parents, and school board members involved? I think INGunGuy proved what that does... Nothing at all. Meh.

Top Bottom