• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blindside

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2015
    Columbus
    I have seen a few videos recently dealing with Hi Point pistols that kind of impressed me. In one of them they subject the gun to some serious abuse, going so far as to obstruct the barrel then clamp it closed and use a string to fire, and it still worked with few repairs. Another one, Demolition Ranch I think, he actually shoots the Hi Point in the chamber the gets it to rack and it still fires. I personally have no real experience with the guns. I know they are huge and ugly and all but I have to admit that after watching quite a few videos like the two mentioned above my curiosity was piqued. I don't think I could ever convince myself to carry one just because of the size and weight issues but I am considering picking up one as a range toy. I just wanted to find out if anyone had any real life experience with them and what those experiences might be. Come on now don't be ashamed, you can always just say you were shooting it for a friend.

CZ evo3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 17, 2017
    Carrollton
    Only experience with the carbines. If the pistols are as reliable as the carbine, wow! But.... I don't hear people saying that. Again, no personal experience.

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    While it wouldn't be my first choice after carrying and shooting others, the one I had always went bang. I think it was called the 9C model? It was a single stack 9mm with a compensator... it just sucked because it was a 10 round mag in a full size handgun and there are absolutely no good holsters for them. But reliability is there...

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    From what I've seen, if it's all you can afford I would be confident in it as a brand. However, with the market as depressed as it is I would save up an extra $50-$100 and buy something else.

Blindside

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2015
    Columbus
    Holsters and such won't be needed this would strictly be for taking to the range. Like getting one in .40 just to expand calibers to shoot. Maybe even get a matching carbine.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    hi points are the fat chick/moped of the gun world....all 3 are fun to play with till someone you know see's you!

i say this to everyone, its big heavy and ugly ans bulky, and if i hit you in the head with it, it'll probably hurt you more than if i shot you with it!...but it'll shoot all day long any ammo you put in it all day long!

the worst thing about it is finding a holster to fit it!, but as others have said, at the price that high points sell for, add 50-100 and get something your friends wont laugh at you for owning!

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I have one of the carbines and it's a tack driver that runs like a Cheetah.

I have shot a few of the pistols in 9mm and they all went bang every time.

I would like to pick up a pistol in .40 to go with the carbine.

They aren't pretty, but great guns if you're looking for something to bury in a coffee can as part of a cache somewhere.

LostWander

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 25, 2016
    SWFL
    Hipoints make me feel dirty. But from what Ive seen as well, I would at least keep one as a truck gun. Someone steals it? Oh darn. But always there if needed

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Absolutely gold standard of budget handguns.
    [video=youtube;KjQk244oW9c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjQk244oW9c[/video]

Brickmandan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2017
    Wheeler
    The guns themselves are reliable but the magazines are a little flimsy and can have issues with the feed lips, but you can tweak them a little and get them to work. The worst thing is the size and weight versus capacity.

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    Had a used 995 carbine once that I wanted to buy an extra mag and scope rail for. Called Hipoint and talked to someone in the service dept. Turned out my gun needed some updates to it and they sent and updated stock,scope rail and 2 mags for Free. Best customer service I've ever received from a gun manufacturer. Just never could get past the cheek slap on it.As for the pistols,they'd be good for a truck or tackle box gun (as long as you have a big tackle box)

Challenger76

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2020
    South Bend
    Digging up this Corpse of a thread. I needed a gun for home protection back in 2015 and picked one up new for like 160 bucks. It was the c9. I must have put 400 rounds t through that thing and it only failed to eject one time and that was in the first 20 rounds. But boy is that thing bulky and ugly! Today I see you can get the Taurus G2c for a few bucks more and it's a much better gun. I wonder why hi Point don't just do some re tooling and make a gun that's better looking and not so top heavy. Anyone like these things?

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    Haters gonna hate.
    2408646a51805055c9c8d2b668e0a372.jpg

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom