• DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    From the link:
    "Magazines holding more than 10 rounds were banned for 10 years under the Federal Assault Weapons Ban of 1994. "We cannot clearly credit the ban with any of the nation's recent drop in gun violence," the Department of Justice-funded study concluded in 2004. "Should it be renewed, the ban's effects on gun violence are likely to be small at best and perhaps too small for reliable measurement.""

And then:
    "There's no reason why anyone, other than military, needs a gun magazine that holds more than 10 rounds," DeGette said. "It's past time for Congress to act on common-sense gun safety measures such as this. Banning the sale of high-capacity magazines in this country will save lives and Congress needs to act on this legislation immediately."

Some people never learn... “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results”

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    DeGette said:
    "There's no reason why anyone, other than military, needs a gun magazine that holds more than 10 rounds,"

except, this guy maybe

or this family

I mean, we can keep providing examples but I'm steering away from the "mostly peaceful" type for the moment

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    "There's no reason why anyone, other than military, needs a gun magazine that holds more than 10 rounds," DeGette said.

What I do not need is some congress *****telling me what I do or do not need to protect my loved ones, my property, or myself.

I'll tell you whay, *****. If you want them, you come get them yourself.

This ***** can go STRAIGHT TO HELL.

I've had my fill of animals like this, those of their ilk, and those that support them.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    "There's no reason why anyone, other than military, needs a gun magazine that holds more than 10 rounds," DeGette said.

What I do not need is some congress *****telling me what I do or do not need to protect my loved ones, my property, or myself.

I'll tell you whay, *****. If you want them, you come get them yourself.

This ***** can go STRAIGHT TO HELL.

I've had my fill of animals like this, those of their ilk, and those that support them.
    Some here voted for this. But at least there aren’t any mean tweets

76Too

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Dec 9, 2019
    Just Passing Through
    I’m surprised it took THIS long.

I’ve quite literally spent a small fortune on magazines this past year while they were still cheap/available...all for personal use.

I’ve explained here before that I hail from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. When I moved here in late 2019, I started buying everything I could get my hands on.

I wasn’t taking any chances, and I’m really glad I did what I did. Even if they pass this garbage, there’s not even even close to a snowballs chance in hell that they would ever even recover a percentage of the magazines in circulation.

They can go fly a kite, or they can have the bullets first (then the mags of they make it that far).

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Doesn’t sound like they’re coming for anything… The ones we have would be grandfathered (bless their kind hearts!). We just wouldn’t be able to sell or transfer them...

smittygj

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2010
    Kingdom of Bahrain
    Doesn’t sound like they’re coming for anything… The ones we have would be grandfathered (bless their kind hearts!). We just wouldn’t be able to sell or transfer them...
    Not necessarily, they mention a buy back program. which if you read the tea leaves, means they could ban then outright, and offer to buy them from you instead of making you a felon....

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    How would they be able to track the billions of mags in this country? They cannot stop the drug dealers now. How could they control the actions of millions of legal gun owners? This insanity is off the charts.

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    How would they be able to track the billions of mags in this country? They cannot stop the drug dealers now. How could they control the actions of millions of legal gun owners? This insanity is off the charts.

Trust me it's not off the charts. It doesn't even reach the top 20 with this administration.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    They wouldn’t have to. Just stop selling them to us who don’t (or no longer) enforce the law... and high-profile ATF-STING a few private sellers after the ban. Job done.

Edit: and only sell 10-rounders with all new firearms... anyone want a G17 with the same capacity as a G26?

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    If they "grandfather" standard capacity mags, limiting the remaining to ten rounds and ban the sale or transfer of prohibited capacity mags, I am sure a criminal who wants a mag is going to be told "no" by his contacts because they are now illegal to transfer.

Is there anybody with a brain left in our government?

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    If they "grandfather" standard capacity mags, limiting the remaining to ten rounds and ban the sale or transfer of prohibited capacity mags, I am sure a criminal who wants a mag is going to be told "no" by his contacts because they are now illegal to transfer.

Is there anybody with a brain left in our government?

It isn't about reducing crime or increasing safety. It is ALL about control.

Top Bottom