• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • opus1776

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Citizen Activism, that is. So I was dropping off the water bill at the town hall and I saw Woody Burton’s (my state rep) vehicle parked. I remembered that he was having an open meeting with constituents today. So I popped in to talk with him. To my surprise Scott Walker was there also AND I WAS THE ONLY PERSON TO SHOW UP TODAY!!!

We talked about various issues ( I tried to push for carry on college campus). At the end of the meeting, I asked Scott Walker if he could put a bug in Pence’s ear about reciprocity with W. Virgina---All Pence has to do is send a letter to the W. Virgina gov. Walker said he would look into it. Hope he does. Hey I tried….. :)

----------------------------------------------------------------

"Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" K. Moss
    You can NEVER be too rich or too thin...
    Life is not a journey, but a series of unplanned detours....
    Perfection: is not a goal---it's a demanded expectation.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Cool.

One gun related question I'd like to ask each presidential candidate: if a bill reached your desk that would repeal NFA, GCA, et al, would you sign it?

HCRMPD1

Marksman
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Shelbyville
    Why am I not surprised? It appears that, for all intensive purposes, that we as a nation have become complacent. As long as the economy is moving, I can put gas in my car, I have air or heat for my home and groceries for my belly - everything else is no big deal.

Just kinda chaps my backside.

At least one person got to bend the ear of a politician........kudos.......

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Citizen Activism, that is. So I was dropping off the water bill at the town hall and I saw Woody Burton’s (my state rep) vehicle parked. I remembered that he was having an open meeting with constituents today. So I popped in to talk with him. To my surprise Scott Walker was there also AND I WAS THE ONLY PERSON TO SHOW UP TODAY!!!

We talked about various issues ( I tried to push for carry on college campus). At the end of the meeting, I asked Scott Walker if he could put a bug in Pence’s ear about reciprocity with W. Virgina---All Pence has to do is send a letter to the W. Virgina gov. Walker said he would look into it. Hope he does. Hey I tried….. :)

Well done! Rep added. I would say I'm proud of you, but that's of no importance. What is important is that you be proud of yourself. You certainly have reason to be.

Cool.

One gun related question I'd like to ask each presidential candidate: if a bill reached your desk that would repeal NFA, GCA, et al, would you sign it?

Sadly, any who would answer yes to that question are the ones everyone calls "unelectable"... In many cases, because that's what the TV and newspapers tell them, but some actually believe it.

We often say that our opposition gets behind whoever is the party's nomination, while "our side" quibbles and bickers and allows a good candidate to lose votes because he or she is not a "perfect" candidate. There is much good to be said of casting a principled vote, but there is more good to be said of the person who actually casts his vote than of one who withholds it for that reason. I think we need to be involved in the process of selecting candidates, but I think that we also need to make sure we vote for the best candidate on the slate on Election Day as well.

Blessings,
    Bill

Shadow8088

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Why am I not surprised? It appears that, for all intensive purposes, that we as a nation have become complacent. As long as the economy is moving, I can put gas in my car, I have air or heat for my home and groceries for my belly - everything else is no big deal.

Just kinda chaps my backside.

At least one person got to bend the ear of a politician........kudos.......

I'm sorry.. I have to be "that guy" because it's like nails down a chalkboard for me... "for all intents and purposes" Again.. I'm sorry.. and now back to our regularly scheduled program...

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I'm sorry.. I have to be "that guy" because it's like nails down a chalkboard for me... "for all intents and purposes" Again.. I'm sorry.. and now back to our regularly scheduled program...

Heh. That one as well as "few and far between", as in "People with legally owned guns in Chicago are few and far between". To reverse it would be to say that the people are far, and there are few between them. The former adjective makes no sense, while the latter seems to say the polar opposite of what is intended.

And yes, I'm now being pedantic. :p

asipes

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 7, 2012
    Central Indiana
    It's true. Someone will also confirm it. We did corrdinate a campaign. It was, and continues to be, ignored.
    Well... I took it upon myself to write an email anyway. I'd like to think that maybe I'm that one (additional) person that can make a difference. Based on your reply, I'm guessing that won't be the case this time though.

Top Bottom