• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Yeah, there are nicer looking ones out there than the one I got. But, for me, it is a range toy so looks were trumped by function. I noted the long designation when I picked it up. I have some of that, but more short on hand. I will load all the empties. Scary part is that a .32 H&R magnum will chamber in this gun. :nailbite:

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Terre Haute
    wellhell.

Took it out to shoot today. 12 rounds .32 long, 6 rounds .32 short. Most of them tumbled thru the target sideways at 7 yds. No grouping whatsoever. Went back to the work bench, and the barrel is damaged, most likely beyond repair. There is a rough ring that will not clean up just a smidge up from the cylinder end. And now there is a large lead deposit from there back to the forcing cone. Bad me for not doing better checks before shooting.

Anybody ever replace the barrel on one of these? Looks like drift the pin out, then unscrew the barrel. I can get one from Numrich for ~$50.

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    Yep, drift out the pin and unscrew. If you have a hard time finding a 733 barrel the 732 is identical but in blue. Everygunpart.com has a couple of complete 733 kits for about twice that price if you can think of a good reason to have spares. They go on sale fairly often(note the second one is marked 32S&W(not L))but I imagine the barrel is the same.

Hmmmmm,....wonder if there would be an advantage to having both a Long and Short cylinder?

Or, if you just want to get it going cheaply and don't care about the mis-match finish, here's a 732 marked Long for 50% off and the parts look to be in excellent shape,.....

Top Bottom