• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Keep hearing all about how all a white person has to do to shoot "anyone" is say it was self defense and they get away with murder. Just read yesterday about a black man and his white girl friend had an altercation with several white people in a pick up truck. Supposedly they called him the "N" word and then tried to run him off the road. So he shot at the truck and killed a passenger and is claiming self defense because he was afraid of what might happen if they were run off the road. I think it was on Yahoo but I can't find it now.
    From the article description of the event it does not look to me to be self defense, but I can see this type case being plead as though it was. Then the media and BLM and whoever else crawls out from under a rock can "show" how white people can get away with murder.
    After the KR trial people should have learned a bit about how a trial and the jury works and their responsibilities but hearing and reading the MSM and celeb's they didn't. The stupid just never ends. Jim.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I am so tired of the manufactured rage over racism. Born in Gary, lived in Chicago, and Dallas, and other fully integrated areas.

I have yet to be in public when someone could not be heard using some ethnic slur against someone. I have noticed this summer sitting in traffic and people using hands free phones in late model luxury cars have the volume so high I can hear the conversation at the traffic light. It is just not rude people in stores and restaurants screeching ethic slurs into their phones any more, now it is offensive conversation broadcast even in traffic. I was trying to enjoy a play at a High school theater a couple weeks ago. Both young people and adults were saying offensive things on phones within earshot.

EVERYONE hears derogatory slang in normal life. grow up, deal with it. To reserve the right to use a derogatory term in music and entertainment, to use the word to yell across the street to a group of acquaintances or into a cell phone, to loudly play songs using the words and then act like the world is ending when it is heard spoken by another is ridiculous. I know many that will not use racial slang themselves, but they will sit nearby and accept and approve of some others using it openly.

We need to tighten up the ranks, across the board.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Keep hearing all about how all a white person has to do to shoot "anyone" is say it was self defense and they get away with murder. Just read yesterday about a black man and his white girl friend had an altercation with several white people in a pick up truck. Supposedly they called him the "N" word and then tried to run him off the road. So he shot at the truck and killed a passenger and is claiming self defense because he was afraid of what might happen if they were run off the road. I think it was on Yahoo but I can't find it now.
    From the article description of the event it does not look to me to be self defense, but I can see this type case being plead as though it was. Then the media and BLM and whoever else crawls out from under a rock can "show" how white people can get away with murder.
    After the KR trial people should have learned a bit about how a trial and the jury works and their responsibilities but hearing and reading the MSM and celeb's they didn't. The stupid just never ends. Jim.

Would like to see the details on that, because as described it isn't anywhere near self defense. Calling names and shooting people are vastly different things. I hate how the Left demonizes words, which leads to this kind of nonsense.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    With those details it *might* be considered self defense, depending on the laws in that state. Honestly with a vehicle, you would think the first thing would be trying to stop or get away. Of course if he honestly thought he was being shot at due to something being thrown impacting his vehicle, it might have been a valid response? :dunno:

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    With those details it *might* be considered self defense, depending on the laws in that state. Honestly with a vehicle, you would think the first thing would be trying to stop or get away. Of course if he honestly thought he was being shot at due to something being thrown impacting his vehicle, it might have been a valid response? :dunno:
    That and them allegedly attempting to force him off the road. They were driving a 4000 lb weapon.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I am so tired of the manufactured rage over racism. Born in Gary, lived in Chicago, and Dallas, and other fully integrated areas.

I have yet to be in public when someone could not be heard using some ethnic slur against someone. I have noticed this summer sitting in traffic and people using hands free phones in late model luxury cars have the volume so high I can hear the conversation at the traffic light. It is just not rude people in stores and restaurants screeching ethic slurs into their phones any more, now it is offensive conversation broadcast even in traffic. I was trying to enjoy a play at a High school theater a couple weeks ago. Both young people and adults were saying offensive things on phones within earshot.

EVERYONE hears derogatory slang in normal life. grow up, deal with it. To reserve the right to use a derogatory term in music and entertainment, to use the word to yell across the street to a group of acquaintances or into a cell phone, to loudly play songs using the words and then act like the world is ending when it is heard spoken by another is ridiculous. I know many that will not use racial slang themselves, but they will sit nearby and accept and approve of some others using it openly.

We need to tighten up the ranks, across the board.
    On a related note, what is up with the rudeness of using a speakerphone turned ALL the way up in public places. I was sitting at the bar of a fairly nice restauraunt (Pappadeaux) trying to enjoy my dinner, and there were to guys in their 20s across the bar from me. One appeared to be facetiming his girl and he had the volume turned ALL the way up. And of course he's talking louder than he needed to because its not up to his ear. I could hear the entire conversation from across the room. And it was loud enough that there was no way for me to politely ask him to turn it down without raising *MY* voice and appearing aggressive. So I just shook my head and let it go.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    On a related note, what is up with the rudeness of using a speakerphone turned ALL the way up in public places. I was sitting at the bar of a fairly nice restauraunt (Pappadeaux) trying to enjoy my dinner, and there were to guys in their 20s across the bar from me. One appeared to be facetiming his girl and he had the volume turned ALL the way up. And of course he's talking louder than he needed to because its not up to his ear. I could hear the entire conversation from across the room. And it was loud enough that there was no way for me to politely ask him to turn it down without raising *MY* voice and appearing aggressive. So I just shook my head and let it go.
    Maybe ask the staff next time

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

People are completely self centered nowadays. They don't give a :poop: about anyone else around them as they're in their own little worlds.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    That and them allegedly attempting to force him off the road. They were driving a 4000 lb weapon.
    Yeah, both could give him reason. The issue I see is he killed someone other than the person driving the vehicle.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Yeah, both could give him reason. The issue I see is he killed someone other than the person driving the vehicle.

Good point and why this case is more complex than the Rittenhouse case. The Rittenhouse case was pretty straightforward as being justified as self defense.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    This summer we were watching the smallest grandsons ball game and a woman next to us started the speaker phone business. Annoying, but I wanted to see the last 3 innings. After the game, she was still talking. I stood in front of her and loudly declared that "I sure hope her friend gets better from her depression and that she can get her marriage back in order"
    She told her friend that a nice man at the ball park was wishing her well too and hoping she could work everything out. Either she missed my sarcasm, or she played me right back.

15 acres to sit in that park and she has a speaker phone conversation at the 3rd plate fence. It is not like she was a kid, she was grey enough to be my age.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Good point and why this case is more complex than the Rittenhouse case. The Rittenhouse case was pretty straightforward as being justified as self defense.
    The Rittenhouse case had tons of video evidence of what happened. That is the only reason he is free today.

This case has none, and apparently little eyewitness testimony other than those involved.

My gut tells me the kid is mostly telling the truth, but I am not sure if his response was justified. Was the gun fired out of fear or anger? Shooting a gun while driving a car does not seem to be a smart thing to do.

Another all around sad incident. Kids are dumb, and in this case one is now dead because of that.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    The Rittenhouse case had tons of video evidence of what happened. That is the only reason he is free today.

This case has none, and apparently little eyewitness testimony other than those involved.

My gut tells me the kid is mostly telling the truth, but I am not sure if his response was justified. Was the gun fired out of fear or anger? Shooting a gun while driving a car does not seem to be a smart thing to do.

Another all around sad incident. Kids are dumb, and in this case one is now dead because of that.

Agreed. When you fire a gun for any reason you have the responsibility for what you hit. Even if you feel you have the right to defend yourself, if you hit a bystander you have to answer for that. A case can be made that the passenger wasn't necessarily a bystander, but at the same time he didn't have any control over what the driver did.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    As far as the article goes, I loved this bit of misinformation from the "investigative" journalist.

Rittenhouse was acquitted because he fired at people who he said attacked him — even though he had violated a local curfew order and, according to prosecutors, pointed his assault rifle at the men before they pursued him.

George Zimmerman was acquitted in 2013 because he was in a physical struggle with Trayvon Martin, a Black 17-year-old who was walking home — even though Zimmerman initiated the encounter against the orders of the 911 dispatch operator he'd called to report that a person he deemed suspicious was passing through his neighborhood.

Top Bottom