• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    This may sound crazy, but especially with .38spl, you need to make sure you have the receiver more or less perpendicular (straight up and down).

If any cant at all, tilt the receiver a bit to the left.
    I can't tell you what the problem is, but I've seen this discussed before, and this is usually the issue.

Let us know if it makes a difference.

02roadster

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Foxcliff, Morgan Co.
    This may sound crazy, but especially with .38spl, you need to make sure you have the receiver more or less perpendicular (straight up and down).

If any cant at all, tilt the receiver a bit to the left.
    I can't tell you what the problem is, but I've seen this discussed before, and this is usually the issue.

Let us know if it makes a difference.
    Thanks for the info, will definitely give that a try.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I think I've heard of this issue before. For geometry reasons, .357 Henry's don't like to feed .38s as well. Like the other poster said, it sounds silly but try working the action with various tilts to bias the round towards one side of the lifter or the other.

IIRC the Henry was designed for .357 and shorter rounds just don't flow into the chamber the same.

TheGhostRider

Watching from a distance…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I've the same issue with mine. I don't have any helpful advice but to say mine has improved some with use. Mine tends to jam up and shove the extractor out hard. I was afraid the extractor was going to break a few times. I've had great function with .357 125g SJHP.

02roadster

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Foxcliff, Morgan Co.
    I think I've heard of this issue before. For geometry reasons, .357 Henry's don't like to feed .38s as well. Like the other poster said, it sounds silly but try working the action with various tilts to bias the round towards one side of the lifter or the other.

IIRC the Henry was designed for .357 and shorter rounds just don't flow into the chamber the same.
    Had a discussion with Henry tech- Stated that the use of 38 spl. less than 158 gr. is problematic and will cause double feed issues in this rifle. Ordered some 38 spl. in 132 gr. and 158 gr. will see how it does. Thanks for the reply.

02roadster

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Foxcliff, Morgan Co.

Sounds like the issue!

Top Bottom