• ...and so much more!
  • cklein6576

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 5, 2009
    South Bend, Worst. Mayor. Ever.
    Hello all-

I have a friends 11-87 that will not reload itself. I tried to use it yesterday and had to work the bolt to load a shell every time.

Any thoughts on a simple quick fix? Or a good gunsmith in the south bend or ft wayne areas?

Thanks again.

Ck

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    I think there are some O rings or gas rings under the forearm grip, That is the first place I would look. If they are bad or someone tore it down and did not put them back this could cause your troble. Hope this helps.

Bisley Man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Whitestown
    With what ammo? If target loads, they may not have enough "oomph" to cycle the action. Fiocchi low brass 1 and 1 eight oz will cycle my CZ-712, but 1oz Rem. and Estate won't.

cklein6576

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 5, 2009
    South Bend, Worst. Mayor. Ever.
    The spent hulls came out okay, but didnt fly out of the gun like the pump actions we were using. They were target loads, and I didnt try anything heaver in them. Ill take a look at the o rings when I get home, but as its not my gun Im not getting that involved with it. If it was something simple to fix i was going to go ahead and do it.

On a related note, my cheap pawn shop mossy 500 was AWESOME!!!! It was the 1st time I have been skeet shooting it was a blast (pun intended). The men (and my soon to be wife) of the family all have sore right sholuders. I think that its going to be a regular thing.

Thanks eveyone for the tips.

ck

chromegrill

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    A few things with the 1187...

If it is a magnum barrel (3"), it will not run properly with low power trap loads, the gas ports are to small in the barrel. If you shoot trap loads, go for a barrel marked 2 3/4" only.

Take the barrel off and inspect the o-ring, if its nicked, replace it. Use a Viton o-ring #21.

Make sure that the gas piston is positioned on the mag tube the right way, and clean the tube so there is no fouling left on it. When you put everything back together DO NOT OIL the mag tube. It will cause fouling to stick to it.

If you have any problems, I'm in South Bend.

DHolder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Mooresville - MSG2 Hub
    My 1187 is doing the same thing. I lucked into a couple thousand reloads that, just dont seem to have enough umph, to completely discharge the spent shell. I cant complain about the shells, they worked just fine in the Wingmaster. I need to try some other loads, it does have the 3" barrel.
    Chuckin clays is addictive! I'd have to say when we go, it not as stressful as trying to get a pretty little group.
    Let me know, we can go bust some clays one day

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    ive always heard the o rings like everyone else mentioned, but i had one doing the same thing brought to me by a friend and when i took off the forarm and cycled the action by hand you could see where it way hesitating. i just cleaned the tube really well and put on a good lubricant and it fixed the problem. so my advise would be clean it real well and see what happens

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Clean it, check the O-rings while you have it apart.

Trigger group, fire control, barrel, every thing, take it apart and clean it, and check the O-rings for damage.

Top Bottom