• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    I just went and got an Insight M3 for my Glock. Iv wanted a weapon light for a while and I finally shelled out the money.

I think iv got a general idea on how to use it, but i would like some pointers. It would be nice to learn a bit more about their proper usage without having to shell out $50 for a DVD or $100+ for a live fire course. Those things are wonderful, but I don't have the time or money at the moment.

I checked Youtube, but i don't know what information is good and what is bad. :n00b:

Any and all help finding good articles and videos would be highly appreciated.

Tinman

I'm just enjoying the show!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Not to offend you, but you're not going to learn low light tactics from a magazine article, video, or book.

There is this belief out there right now that the answer to lowlight engagements is to stick a light on the gun. Although that does answer one problem, it creates a few of it's own.

My suggestion is find a training group in your area and get to work on your fundamental skill sets. Once those are nailed down, progess to appying them at night, and start to learn and solve some of the issues there.

Tinman....

pftraining_in

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    IN: South of I-70
    One piece of advise I can give you on the M3 is, do not fire your weapon with the light on. The M3's bulb will not stand up to recoil while turned on.

I would highly recommend Gunsite Pistol at Boone County. They have an excellent night shoot during the class. Another option is if you can find an indoor range, see if they allows reduced light training.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    One piece of advise I can give you on the M3 is, do not fire your weapon with the light on. The M3's bulb will not stand up to recoil while turned on.

What? Its a weapon-mounted light that can't take recoil? :n00b:

I would highly recommend Gunsite Pistol at Boone County. They have an excellent night shoot during the class.

+1 :yesway:

GlockRock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009

I would highly recommend Gunsite Pistol at Boone County. They have an excellent night shoot during the class. Another option is if you can find an indoor range, see if they allows reduced light training.[/quote

I didnt have a problem with my M3 not working after firearms week in the academy. We shot over 1000 rounds and it still worked. Several other guys had them as well with no problems with the bulbs. The only problem encountered was that the lens got dirty and had to be cleaned daily.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I'll second the recommendation for the Gunsite 150 Pistol class at Boone County. In addition to the night shoot, Jay T gives an excellent presentation on the lights themselves, how your vision works, etc. It's well worth the price of admission, and you get the three days to go with it too!

In years past, Louis Awerbuck did night shoots in all of his classes at Boone County. Unfortunately he's always here in August and our misguided switch to daylight savings time has eliminated a night shoot from the curricula since it doesn't get dark soon enough.

Another option is that ACT will be presenting a low light/night class in the fall. I don't have details now, but we'll post an announcement when we've got a solid date and location.

pftraining_in

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    IN: South of I-70
    I didnt have a problem with my M3 not working after firearms week in the academy. We shot over 1000 rounds and it still worked. Several other guys had them as well with no problems with the bulbs. The only problem encountered was that the lens got dirty and had to be cleaned daily.

Where you shooting with the light activated?

Britton

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Knoxville
    probably because I can see in the dark.

I just knew you were a vampire! Now where are my silver bullets, or is that for Warewolves? OK, just checked the vault and found some wooden bullets with the cross engraved in the end and dipped in garlic. Thought I might not sleep tonight, but now I can!

Top Bottom