• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    INGO, I come to you to rally support against "the man". I am having a problem with Panasonic, specifically their TV division, but I'm willing to bet that we can cause loss of sales in other divisions as well. Lets show them that screwing one customer doesn't only lose them one customer.

My problem stems from a simple missing part, that they will not send to me over an arbitrary time frame to request a part I didn't know I was missing until now.

I have posted the story on facebook, and am gaining some support there, but I want to make my issue known to more people. If anyone doesn't have facebook and wants to know more, let me know and I'll post more of the conversation.

Thanks for your help!!

https://www.facebook.com/Panasonic/posts/10151282967924311

I posted this on the VIERA TV Facebook, but figured since it's been a week with nothing more that a sympathetic Facebook response I'd post it here as well. If I don't find resolve soon you will have lost a customer for life.

----------------------------------------------
    I would just like to say how disappointed I am in your customer service. I bought a 65" GT30 in March when I moved into my new house. Hooked everything up via HDMI cables and that was that. Today I bought some speakers that I wanted to hook up via optical cable. I figured this would be no problem because there was an optical jack on the back. Well apparently your jack isn't the standard connecter and it needs an adapter, I figured that out after about an hour of searching online and looking though the manual. Come to find out that I was supposed to get 6 different adapters with my TV and I got ZERO.

I called customer service and got transferred to the parts dept where they wanted me to pay $50 per adapter that should have been included with my TV purchase. I called customer service back and talked to another rep, her supervisor, and then the supervisor's supervisor. I got the same BS answer each time, that I had to request the cables (THAT I DIDN'T KNOW EXISTED), within a month of purchase. How can I request something I didn't need/know existed within a month?!

My "complaint/issue" is now being sent up to the "executive level" where I am hoping it doesn't fall on def ears. I am also posting here hoping for some resolve. All I want are the adapters that I should have gotten with the TV, specifically the optical audio one, but I want to make sure I get them all so I don't run into this problem down the road if/when I expand my entertainment setup and find other problems with connections.

I have been a loyal Panasonic Viera customer for the last 5 years, at least. I have 2 Viera TVs and have recommended them to family and friends whenever they ask which brand to buy. However, after having a minor problem like this escalate into the fiasco it has now become, I am having serious second thoughts.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    I'd try talking to management at the place you purchased it. They no doubt have the ear of a Panasonic rep.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Have you written a letter to the CEO and board? That may help you get your parts that you need.

No I haven't gone that far. I thought for sure they would give in for a freaking adapter that should have come with the TV in the first place, but I guess I'm going to start up the ladder.

I'd try talking to management at the place you purchased it. They no doubt have the ear of a Panasonic rep.

It was Best Buy. I might still try that route, but I shouldn't have had to. Should have been 1 simple phone call.

Try this:
    Phone: (201) 392-6100

You need to talk to
    Mr. Michael Marino, Jr.
    Manager, Consumer Claims

You might also try their Twitter account.
    https://twitter.com/panasonic

Thanks, will call him today.

how long is the warranty? did you purchase it with a credit card?

The warranty I'm sure is at least a year, haven't checked, but they said I had to request the missing parts within 30 days of purchase. That is the only reason they are giving me for not sending the parts. Yes is was a CC, might have to try and call them, only problem is the TV was bought in Feb/March of this year.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    The warranty I'm sure is at least a year, haven't checked, but they said I had to request the missing parts within 30 days of purchase. That is the only reason they are giving me for not sending the parts. Yes is was a CC, might have to try and call them, only problem is the TV was bought in Feb/March of this year.
    With most CC's that is of no consequence if it's something it was supposed to come with and it didn't. I would give the retailer a chance to come through first as they are the ones that will be punished by a credit card dispute.

I have successfully disputed a charge that was almost a full year old on my credit card. Rightfully so as the merchant said they issued a refund but never did. I had proof, the refund never went through, they didn't have proof that it did. Although that was cut & dry, I have another one that wasn't so old but less cut & dry. Recently I successfully disputed a Dell computer purchase. It didn't come with 2 items (DVD R/W drive & backlit keyboard) like it was supposed to. I didn't notice the DVD issue until 2 months after purchase and the keyboard was a minor thing I was initially willing to overlook. Dell wouldn't do a darn thing about it. Chase bank did... I had no proof that it was supposed to come with those 2 items. They had no proof that is wasn't advertised with those items online, it was my word against theirs. Dispute was finally accepted by Dell if I would send the computer back to them. I spent 10 hrs on the phone with 20+ representatives trying to get them to take the computer back. Had I known it would be so simple to just dispute the charges I would have done that up front.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    almost all CC will double the warranties, and give you 90 plus day of loss / breakage coverage..
    if retailer will not make good on part call CC company or Visa directly..
    if it is a missing part it is a bad product..

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Do you still have your packaging? The Panasonic I've got only has one or two cable adapters, but they were packed in a supremely stupid and hard to see place if I recall correctly.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Good to hear.
    --purple--
    Who did you have to sleep with?
    Who did you have to shoot?
    Who did you have to threaten?
    Who did you....
    --end pruple--

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Good to hear.
    --purple--
    Who did you have to sleep with?
    Who did you have to shoot?
    Who did you have to threaten?
    Who did you....

--end pruple--

Unfortunately, as a CSR from Panasonic the answer to those questions would be me.

Top Bottom