• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • McKinney19D

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Southport Indy
    I've had better moments. The slide on my Para P14 1911 will not move after I assembled the pistol. I've assembled this pistol approx 6 times before, but have never come across this issue.

The slide lock had no issue going into the weapon, but now my slide won't come back. Took it all apart, tried again, same problem -then tried it all again.

What am I missing?

Feel free to point and laugh.

McKinney19D

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Southport Indy
    I figured that'd be the only thing that could stop the slide. My fingers are nearly bleeding, and I've damaged my drywall trying to get this pistol back together. I miss my USP.

McKinney19D

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Southport Indy
    Yes, badass spring. Launched the bushing into my drywall. I'm using the plastic tool that Para provided...it slightly bent the bushing on the last assembly. I've given up tonight.

I used to have a Para frame with a Colt slide - never had issues. Fit like a glove. This new Para has no love.

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    I learned field stripping 1911s on a high-end Kimber and a Dan Wesson. Once you get the platform down it is easy. What the others have said about the barrel link makes sense. If I start getting mad at a project I take a step back for a little bit. Usually always works to clear your mind. And don't forget to always be careful. Nothing like a Dan Wesson as your second field strip to remind you to be as careful as can be.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Behold a needed 1911 gunsmithing tool.:D

21KW8GCN2ZL.jpg

For a while, stick the screwdriver through the slide stop hole first so you line up the link with the slide stop. Then one day it will come . . . and then you can do it in your sleep.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    You might not be getting the slide stop pushed into the barrel link. Without seeing it, that's all I can really think of.

Yep.
    Sounds like you're getting the stop *behind* the link instead of through it.
    Sometimes it's best to just leave it alone for the night. Next time you pick it up, it'll likely go together like buttah.

60Driver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 9, 2010
    Hamilton County
    Yes, badass spring. Launched the bushing into my drywall. I'm using the plastic tool that Para provided...it slightly bent the bushing on the last assembly. I've given up tonight.

I used to have a Para frame with a Colt slide - never had issues. Fit like a glove. This new Para has no love.

:n00b: With a plastic bushing wrench??? Depending on what "slightly bent" means you may have other difficulties....Bushing is IMPORTANT to accuracy and function on a 1911.

But as other have pointed out slide stop pin must go through link on barrel.

Top Bottom