Not open for further replies.

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    Hello-

Thanks for allowing me to join your site. Like many others I have seen on here I am a gun friendly Indiana Law Enforcement Officer who whole heartedly believes in an individuals right to own firearms. I have been around guns my entire life learned gun safety and usage the right way, from my dad. (NOT TV!!) I also have a deep seated love of gunshows thanks to dad. I have been going to them since I could walk.

Over the years I have been involved in several competitive firearms forms such as trap, smallbore rifle silhouette, smallbore pistol silhouette, smallbore NR bullseye pistol, centerfire NRA bullseye pistol and NRA smallbore rifle. I have competed in leagues and have been a member of the Muncie Rifle & Pistol Club, Fall Creek Valley Conservation Club, Lengal's Gunshop and someplace in Bluffton that was long enough ago that the name escapes me.

I currently live in Hendricks County and although I am still currently a full time LEO I have started a high end private security company that only uses sworn off duty LEO's. It is a very new company and is a slow project that I am looking at as an option when my 20's up. Eventually I would like to move it into the Industrial Security field.

Firearm wise I am mostly drawn to WWII and Korean War era weapons and gear and have been searching them out for almost 10 years now. I am a Garand nut and although I am down to only 3 higher end ones right now I have owned up to 20 at one time. I enjoy searching through huge parts bins to find that one little part that I may need some day.

Shooting and qualification wise I have been through 250 hours or so of LE qualifications and training with the Glock 22, S&W 36, Sig P226 and Walther PPK. I have also been through my departments 40 hour patrol rifle school and went through several re-quals on it before giving it back for personal reasons. (Having a patrol rifle is optional). I am also a graduate and firm believer in the Indiana Hunter Education coarse.

Anyway, if I can help anyone out (except fixing tickets!! ), or privately answer questions about WWII guns, let me know.....

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    Welcome to the forum.

Glad to have you on board and what a great introduction of yourself. I am sure that you will be voicing your opinions regularly.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom