• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joshennis84

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 25, 2009
    Bloomington
    Did anybody else see the latest episode of this show? I'm so sick of television anti-gun sentiment in tv shows. They basically showed a 10-22 accidentally shooting a girl in a moving car like a mile away from deep in the ocean by some kid practicing target shooting at a chum bucket. What a load of crap and anti-gun propaganda. Showed the bullet traveling up through her head rest like that was even possible at that distance and up a major hill. Sorry for the rant but did anybody else catch this? I love Hawaii and basically watch the show for "scenery" because I go every couple years. It sure does get me going when I see this kind of crap on tv though.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I'm not sure I've ever seen a pro-gun "cop show."

Pretty much anybody who watched "COPS" for any period of time believes that every firearm and pellet pistol is a reason to get arrested.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Hand guns are made for killin'
    Ain't no good for nothin' else
    And if you like your whiskey
    You might even shoot yourself
    So why don't we dump 'em people
    To the bottom of the sea
    Before some fool come around here
    Wanna shoot either you or me

swany11

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Every once in awhile Danno goes on an anti-gun rant on the show. It's so obvious the writers are trying to send a message. Drives me crazy.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Anti gun people have vivid imaginations. In Kokomo there was a kid shooting a BB gun in his own back yard. A teacher saw him and went straight panic, got everyone off the playground, lock down, cops, the whole bit. She made the statement that bullets were hitting play ground equipment. What a delusional person. Either that, or I want to get one of those cheap bb guns that can bouce off a garbage can and hit stuff 300 yards away. I sure hope that teacher is not getting paid to teach physics.

funeralweb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    "They basically showed a 10-22 accidentally shooting a girl in a moving car like a mile away from deep in the ocean by some kid practicing target shooting at a chum bucket."

I'd imagine those H-wood types were prop-huntin' at their LGS and figured that box of 22LR meant "Long Range".

"Every once in awhile Danno goes on an anti-gun rant on the show."

After his dad was gunned downed at that toll booth:ar15: in The Godfather, Danno uses every opportunity to educate us all about the dangers of firearms.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    They basically showed a 10-22 accidentally shooting a girl in a moving car like a mile away from deep in the ocean by some kid practicing target shooting at a chum bucket

You realize that deaths such as this have occured even in our fair state.

Baditude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    SE Indianapolis
    actually this is based off a true story. The back window was open and the bullet hit at the base of the spine, if the window had been closed it would not of had the energy to break the window.

Hogwylde

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Moved to Tucson, AZ
    During the "beach" scene when Dan-O was talking to the photo shoot crew, I had to rewind the DVR and ask my wife "what's wrong with this scene?" She didn't know so I had to point out that every weapon there had a magazine that held more than 10 rounds and was illegal in Hawaii. Even though the director stated that all the weapons were inoperable, I don't think that makes a difference.

Then, 20 minutes later when Steve is searching thru the "forrest" with the SWAT guy, he's got a 60 round Surefire mag in his SBR. Hypocrites.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    I agree with Kirk.
    We were taught never to shoot at water because it could ricochet.
    Also my Dad stressed the little flap on the box that said "range 1 mile".

Part of the reason for the anti gun sentiment is the state itself.
    Hawaii is VERY restrictive of personal liberties and 2A rights.
    It is difficult if not impossible to get a License to carry there.
    Honoring out of state license? Forget it.
    The flip side to this is there are a few gun ranges where you can pretty much rent whatever gun you can imagine and shoot it at their range.
    It's very expensive, but, judging from the constant gunfire at the range across the road from Hanauma Bay, they are doing a booming business.
    Obviously I did not partake since I can shoot anytime here in Indiana, and I have access to some of the coolest guns. :)

The same goes for CSI Las Vegas, CSI New York, and most of the other cop shows.
    When they draw down and detain someone because the citizen has a weapon, it's because it really is illegal there.
    What the producers do is show those types of scenes to make it seem like the whole US is similarly limited in freedom.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I can not stomach that show. The wife likes it but I get so irritated by the lack of tactical ability of those who are supposed to be the best of the best.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The old 5-0 with Jack Lord wasn't any better, it's focus like the propaganda of the times was anti-handgun.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    actually this is based off a true story. The back window was open and the bullet hit at the base of the spine, if the window had been closed it would not of had the energy to break the window.

Kinda sorta. Actual story involved a guy shooting across a lake but was not a .22. I'll try to find the story.

swany11

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Easily my favorite TV scene from Blue Bloods.
    Police chiefs' grandson shot and killed a man with a gun in Central Park. Gun was unloaded. I recommend watching the entire scene, but the 1:07 mark is where the fun begins.

Edit: link wasn't working. Will try and find the link.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom