• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • afcolt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    Madison Co.
    Read this earlier. I love how people outside gun culture how profound disagreements with folks like the NRA, when it’s clear they have no specifics or education on the subject. What a condescending, smug, holier-than-thou bunch of nonsense.

dmarsh8

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Katmandu
    The moonbat must never see the news after Indy hosts the Black Expo every year. There are more shots fired at one Black Expo that there would ever be in a hundred NRA conventions.
    ^^^THISSSS^^^^ Also this is just plain stupidity, not ignorance. Ignorance can be cured! No offense to who said ignorance though:)

MTN

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Laporte Co.
    Read the first couple sentences. Then it all became blah blah blah blah blah. Just another person who doesn't know anything about gun culture. Someone should offer to take her shooting. She'd probably be hooked.

Taylorz71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Central IN
    This is what we are facing in today's America. They preach tolerance, but only if we agree with them. I got into a huge discussion about this with a lady here at work- actually several since the Purdue shooting as I have a daughter up there. She can only parrot what CNN tells her. She know nothing about guns (by her own admission) and really freaked out when someone told her I was a life member of the NRA and going to the convention. She was like with those extremists- I said if protecting the US Constitution is extreme then yes.

These discussions wear me out, but we need to keep having them. One by one they might see why we have the 2nd amendment and why we need to keep it.

My goal is to get her out with some instruction and range time- Like MTN said - she might be hooked.

Last edited:

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I've been called worse names than a maniac before so no big deal. If she doesn't like the NRA Convention, then don't go. She probably goes to conventions that I wouldn't attend but you don't see me writing an article about it.

funeralweb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    I didn't read the link...but looks like she teaches at IVY Tech. Isn't well liked with a small sampling of 4 people. I take it with a grain of salt, they are college kids.

Laura*Marland at Ivy Tech Community College: Lafayette - RateMyProfessors.com

Damn it, 87iroc! If I hadn't been getting my latest Form 4 (maniacal suppressor addict here:spend:) ready to send off this afternoon I might have beaten you to post this. I figured her for some type of academia nut and was right. Also, I did read the link. Sounds like she can't even teach.:twocents:

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    I've got 20 bucks. Anyone PM me her address. I'm signing her up for a membership to the NRA.

Why not take up a collection to send her on a one way ticket to some other "civilized" society where she might approve of their no gun stance? I hear North Korea is lovely this time of year. She'd never have to deal with 70,000 maniacs, just one.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    When other cities — civilized cities, not Houston — have tried to host this festival of lunacy, public protests have resulted.

BTW, I have been to all NRA Annual Meetings since 2008. Your public protests were laughable.

No one showed up in Louisville. No one showed up in Phoenix. In Pittsburgh there were 15 by my count who marched all of half a block and then went for lunch. No one showed in the rain in St. Louis.

In Indianapolis no one will show, but 80K NRA members will be there.

MDave

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 1, 2009
    Read this earlier. I love how people outside gun culture how profound disagreements with folks like the NRA, when it’s clear they have no specifics or education on the subject. What a condescending, smug, holier-than-thou bunch of nonsense.

I am new to this culture, at least newish. But I was always smart enough to know that a weapon is a tool and that tools gripe about weapons. The city will likely be much quieter and happy during the convention, much like when FFA is in town. I bet we could even find a nice conventioneer opening a door or something for someone. I also doubt we will nered 900 police officers from every surrounding county to keep these maniacs in check.... UNLIKE some other conventions. Take those dang Indy fans for instance (just kidding here I love the 500) they come in every year trash the place and leave a mountain of beer cans and burning couch in the infield....Does she gripe about them?

Top Bottom