• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PTinbound

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    DeMotte
    I may be a little late to the party on this thread, but yes Project Appleseed is alive and well in the state of Indiana. I’m an instructor and “Shoot Boss” with them, and live about an hour north of Lafayette up I-65. I started as a student in 2015- I’d been a shooter all my life and an INGO guy so I thought I’d just show up and “claim my patch”, meaning a score of 210 or better on our test, the AQT. I was very quickly humbled. Not only did I realize that I couldn’t shoot nearly as well as I thought, but I had absolutely no idea how to teach others, let alone motivate my countrymen of all things liberty. This became my passion, and after attending 3 events as a student and finally making the score, I volunteered to become an instructor in training in 2016. The rest is “history”, pardon the pun- as we teach the history of the start of our nation on April 19th, 1775. The real “mission”, if you will, is to try to save America one Liberty loving rifleman at a time. We are nationwide, but we are trying to build up Indiana as much as we can. We need more students, more ranges, and more volunteers to do that - people who want to make a difference in their communities and in their country. Right now in Indiana we have a strong presence up near me (Shelby, IN), Jonesboro, Nappanee and Evansville. We have a new range in Kokomo with its first event scheduled in May. The greater Indianapolis area seems to be our gaping hole in the state now, and I’d sure love to fix that! One of our best new instructors lives down there with his wife who also volunteers for us and is a better shot than I am. I don’t know anything personally about Revere’s Riders, but I’ve heard nothing but good about them as well so I’d have to imagine that it would be very worthwhile to attend one of their events. But I’d love to talk to anyone who wants to know more about Project Appleseed. I’m “Captain America” on the Appleseed forums (Appleseedinfo.org) and all of our event schedules can be found there as well.

Top Bottom