• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    washingtonpost.com - nation, world, technology and Washington area news and headlines

[SIZE=+2]Handgun's Color Leads to Lawsuit[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1] By Martin Weil
    Washington Post Staff Writer
    Tuesday, March 10, 2009; B04
    [/SIZE]

A D.C. woman filed suit in U.S. District Court yesterday, claiming that the city would not let her register a pistol because of its color.
    Tracey A. Hanson argued that her application to register a .45-caliber semiautomatic was denied because the gun is not on the California Safe Handgun Roster, which is the standard in the city.
    Hanson tried to register a two-tone, stainless steel/black pistol, according to the suit. But the list has that model in olive drab green, dark earth or black, not in two-tone, stainless/black, the suit asserts. Hanson said rejection for that reason "seemed so arbitrary."
    The lawsuit, which lists Hanson and two other people as plaintiffs, was filed by Alan Gura, who argued the Supreme Court case that overturned the city's handgun ban. Arbitrary requirements bring "nonsensical results," Gura said. The suit asks that the city be barred from enforcing gun regulations based on the California list.
    Peter Nickles, the city's attorney general, said he had not seen the lawsuit and could not discuss its details.
    But he said he is confident that the D.C. regulations are "completely appropriate" under the Second Amendment.

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Wow.... D.C seems really bent on trying to keep people from being able to have a gun. I am so glad I don't live there.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    It's gonna be great working in a place where I KNOW the only people who may have a gun is the criminal...

So, the color of the gun makes it less safe? Yes. That makes complete sense...

Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    Nate: not only will the gun laws be a shock to you wait until you check out the housing and food costs. Great place for a while then you grow up and realize the system is broken. Atlas shrugs

Rattlesnake46319

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    Jefferson County, MO
    It's gonna be great working in a place where I KNOW the only people who may have a gun is the criminal...

So, the color of the gun makes it less safe? Yes. That makes complete sense...

Nate, if you plan on coming back to the "Free" State when you leave IU, I encourage you to join MDShooters and Maryland Shall Issue.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    It would be so simple if D.C. would just outlaw resisting a criminal. Just pass a law saying any non-felon suspected of resisting the commission of any crime will be executed by the police at once. Say you are doing it for their own safety and the stupid sheeple will believe it.

Doug

Top Bottom