• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mustangmaniac92

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 12, 2008
    Petersburg, IN
    Needing a handgun for home safty. Kinda needs to be something me and the better half can shoot with ease. Looking for 9mm or. 40 but open to anything. Price range is around 400-500. Hit me up fellas. In southern indiana but will travel a bit for good deals. Thanks

Jeff

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    Here's an idea. Look into a HiPoint 9MM or .4O S+W and then also get a shotgun.

Or Get a Ruger P95 9MM and a lower end shotgun. Either way you'd have ample firepower between the 2 and you'd have both guns instead of 1.

avengedXT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 84%
    20   4   1
    Feb 15, 2010
    Behind the V!
    I would recommend going to basically any LGS that stocks and sells guns... Within your price range, you're looking at a good quality gun you can hold before you purchase. And some gun stores will even guarantee your purchase. If you were located further north I'd absolutely recommend you to His & Hers Target Sports of Sheridan, he is a straight shootin' guy that won't just take care of you the day you buy, but will also help to take care of you after you've bought it.

Look for a Maverick 88 or Mossberg 500 shotgun. If you're just looking to get started into Home Defense, it's hard to beat the punch of a 12ga. There's that, or you can look for a good brand new Springfield Armory XD series pistol, they're good and reliable. You can order from the internet at www.budsgunshop.com a brand new in box Springfield for within your price range easily, including the transfer fee to your local gun store + Bud's guns have free shipping. Having owned two XD's in my life, the 9mm with a 16+1 capacity is hard to beat for value.

Chapparal

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 16, 2011
    B'town
    I'd suggest looking for some revolvers! There are some good choices out there in the price range you are quoting. Get a .357 and you can shoot .38 +P as well.

Top Bottom