• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    I just traded for one of these with two mags. Trade value on my end was roughly $340. Was it a good deal? Anybody know if it is good shooter? It looks and feels cool as hell. I know Umarex made it for H&k and this is not the GSG version. I'll have pics later of this cool little tactical 22. Im pretty sure this is going to be a "never sell gun" which I have a couple of.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    You got a great deal! Those are selling for near $500. Don't know how well it shoots but after what H&K did to GSG I would guess it is a great shooter.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I have a pre-lawsuit GSG-5 and am interested in your range report. I really hope to hear that the H&K lawsuit against GSG and everyone else that made a firearm that looked like the MP5, caused them to build a .22LR version that was as good as it's big brother MP5.

Yep, you got a great deal!!!

bonkers1919

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    Columbus
    I have the HK416D in .22LR caliber. Feels like a "real" gun compared to other AR styled .22LR. Most expensive of the AR styled guns but worth every penny to me. Great shooting gun.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    The only bad thing I've read about those rifles is that the extendable stock (provided yours has that and not a fixed or folder) is that it's either all in, or all out. No in between. Also that getting any kind of decent cheek weld on said stock is all but impossible.

I do like the looks of them!

-J-

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    As I remember my MP5 the collapsing stock is either all in or all out. (sorry too buried in safe to dig out :) )There are no part way notches.

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    I looked it up on wikipedia, and it appears the ATF reclassified the "fake silencer" as a real silencer too.

German Sport Guns GSG-5 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Fake Suppressor Reclassified
    In January 2010, in the United States; the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives ruled that the previously approved barrel shroud included with the GSG 5 SD to give the cosmetic appearance of a real suppressor (or "silencer") is a true suppressor, despite it being physically incapable of functioning as a suppressor, and therefore is regulated under the National Firearms Act.[SUP][2][/SUP] ATI, Inc. instituted a recall of the item.[SUP][3][/SUP]
    Owners can check to see if their firearm is affected by the recall via this web site

Stubz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    Alexandria, IN
    I looked it up on wikipedia, and it appears the ATF reclassified the "fake silencer" as a real silencer too.

German Sport Guns GSG-5 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Fake Suppressor Reclassified
    In January 2010, in the United States; the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives ruled that the previously approved barrel shroud included with the GSG 5 SD to give the cosmetic appearance of a real suppressor (or "silencer") is a true suppressor, despite it being physically incapable of functioning as a suppressor, and therefore is regulated under the National Firearms Act.[SUP][2][/SUP] ATI, Inc. instituted a recall of the item.[SUP][3][/SUP]
    Owners can check to see if their firearm is affected by the recall via this web site

You're last link there leads to 404 not found...must be a .gov website then? :D

dboz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Greenwood
    I sold my GSG and bought the Umarex clone. Best swap I ever made. The HK/Umarex/whatever you want to call it is hands down a better gun. Umarex was 100% reliable out of the box, the GSG was not. Umarex did not rattle like a poorly built child's toy, GSG did. Umarex was surprisingly accurate with a few different loads, GSG was so-so with the loads that it would cycle.

The only detractor has already been mentioned, and that is about the stock having only 2 positions. And to be honest, even the fully extended position makes me feel a little cramped up onto the gun. I am 5'7 150lbs, if that tells you anything. But, since recoil is non-existent, and it is so much fun to shoot, it is something that I learned to get over.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I have the HK416D in .22LR caliber. Feels like a "real" gun compared to other AR styled .22LR. Most expensive of the AR styled guns but worth every penny to me. Great shooting gun.

I have one of these too. By far my favorite, out of my "tactical" .22's. It has be awesome, not one hiccup with several brands of ammo.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    I get buying a 22 copy of an mp5, cuz the actual mp5 is so damned expensive. But why would anyone spend 500+ on an AR .22 variant, when you can just get an ACTUAL AR for 6-700??? You can always slap a 22lr upper in it, then you have both, and not just an expensive 22 rifle...

I ask myself the same thing when I see the gsg .22 1911 stye pistols.. Theyre NOT cheap enough, to warrant getting one instead of the ACTUAL gun..

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I get buying a 22 copy of an mp5, cuz the actual mp5 is so damned expensive. But why would anyone spend 500+ on an AR .22 variant, when you can just get an ACTUAL AR for 6-700??? You can always slap a 22lr upper in it, then you have both, and not just an expensive 22 rifle...

I ask myself the same thing when I see the gsg .22 1911 stye pistols.. Theyre NOT cheap enough, to warrant getting one instead of the ACTUAL gun..

You can easily wrap up $500 in a .22 upper with a conversion kit. The 416D feels like a real AR, it is metal and not plastic. Until this past year shooting .22 was by far cheaper than 5.56.
    It is still cheaper, I also have young adult children, they love it and I do too.

I own real AR's as well, I guess it's just what you want. I would rather have another complete rifle chambered in .22, than switching uppers back and forth, with the same money tied up.

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    Because that extra $100 to $200 will break the budget. It doesn't seek like a lot unless you're low income on a tight budget no offense

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    HAHAHAHA, you not gonna offend me, I bet you spend more money a year, than I make. I have to plan, and save, and when I plan, I think of how much use Im going to get out that money. Its an investment, and spending 5-600 bucks on a 22 rifle, doesnt make good financial sense, when you save 200 more, and have a big boy rifle, that you can make a bad ass plinker/kids gun too.

Top Bottom