• ...and so much more!
  • Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I heard of tiny fishes in South America that'll do that, and they have the barbs in the fins that dig in if you try to pull them out.

Grizhicks

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    New Palestine
    I have a book on the history of the OSS during WWII; 2 guys were on a mission in SE Asia and one got a leech up his penis. Unable to refieve himself, and the other guy had to work 2 bamboo slivers to pull the leech out. Too much pain for me to think about.

T-Mann

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    Michiana Area
    I heard of tiny fishes in South America that'll do that, and they have the barbs in the fins that dig in if you try to pull them out.

I watched a Discovery show about this... It was fascinating and terrifying all at the same time.

-J-

Seems like the guy in the article probably didn't LET it happen, but it did anyway. :nailbite:

https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Candiru

Here is the RIVER MONSTERS video.....of the fish that will swim up your.....um.....wee-wee

River Monsters: Fish Swims Up Urine Stream : Video : Animal Planet

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I don't remember now whether I heard that from my biology teacher, who used to go down to Guayaquil in Ecuador hunting orchids (and had a couple of species credits) or from a book I read about an expedition somewhere down there. High school was so long ago... It's an amusing coincidence; I've seen a couple of banner ads for Guayaquil in the last couple of days.

Top Bottom