• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Catfish33

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Clifford, In
    I did test fire it last Friday FINALLY. Had mixed reviews. My sear and trigger spring were both very suspect from teh get go and this is what I got as a result. Trigger would fail to reset sometimes and every now and then the "Hammer" wouldn't catch the sear. But StooperZero on the Weapons Guild Forum (Thanks again) is sending me a new FCG to hopefully remedy this problem. Can't wait to get it running right. it is going to literally be a blast to shoot.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I did test fire it last Friday FINALLY. Had mixed reviews. My sear and trigger spring were both very suspect from teh get go and this is what I got as a result. Trigger would fail to reset sometimes and every now and then the "Hammer" wouldn't catch the sear. But StooperZero on the Weapons Guild Forum (Thanks again) is sending me a new FCG to hopefully remedy this problem. Can't wait to get it running right. it is going to literally be a blast to shoot.

Reported!!

(Just to have it moved to our brand spankin' new Gunsmithing forum)

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Did you check the bolt travel? Making sure it was reliably going back far enough to catch the sear? My sear looked really worn and it catches the hammer fine. Maybe the hammer spring is to long? Or the recoil spring is to long? It won't hurt to to try replacing the FCG. Although the sear is probably the most likely issue in the FCG. It gets hammered really hard in a SMG!

Glad you got some trigger time. And problems are a great way to learn about the gun! FWIW I am shooting Winchester white box in mine. Best of luck. If you want the measurements of my broken in springs just let me know. Glad to help in any way.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Some of this you have already done but I will mention it for others sake.

This is regarding a pistol build. Carbine barrel will change measurements.

I fully compressed the springs 300 times then cut to the recommended length. I haven't compared the measurement against the stock spring length again. After a hundred rounds I have ran threw it the springs have probably shrank a little more. I have yet to have a issue since I assembled it. Make sure you also wash the tube and the bolt thoroughly. Both will be loaded with chips. I just used dawn dish soap. Then Remoiled everything.

I put a drop of gun oil on my finger and wiped the firing pin. It barely needs any. I lightly lubed the guide rods with gun oil. The fire group was designed to run dry. I still wash it with Remoil. I put a few drops of oil on my fingers and wiped the bolt sides.

This is what I came up with on the springs:

Hammer spring 6-7/8 inches. 58-3/4 turns. It is the thinner wire spring.

Recoil spring 8-7/8 inches. 73-1/4 turns. It is the thicker wire spring.

If your springs are longer but the same turns your springs need broken in.I did notice that the pull back on the bolt got a bit easier after the first 30 rounds. there is probably a turn or so leeway in the measurements. I hope that this helps some.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom