• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DEC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Angola
    I'm looking for a decent gunsmith in the Steuben County area. Curious if anyone knows of one.

Here is my situation. I loaned an employee a Winchester 1300 slug gun for the 2007 deer season. I never really looked the gun over when he returned it to me, but long story short, the safety won't work now. Basically, I can't get the gun to go back to safe. Of course if you ask him, it was fine when he had it and he never had a problem with it. Yea ... whatever.

I took the trigger assembly completely apart and put it back together per the diagrams that I have, but still can't get the safety to work. So I give up. I put all the parts in a bag and am ready to hire someone with far greater gun assembly skills than I apparently have.

Thanks for any advise that anyone can give to point me to someone in the Angola area.:cool:

DEC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Angola
    I'll probably take the gun to him. I've been in there several times. Not the friendliest guy, but he does know his guns.

Claddagh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    Midway USA has a feature on its website called "Gunsmith Locator" that might help you out. Search function uses your Zip code. At least it may give you some more options.

roughthumbs

Plinker
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Huntertown
    Dec,
    What about heading north to Coldwater to G.M.? It might be cheaper to buy a new trigger group off of Gunbroker then pay a gunsmith. I've bought 1100, 870, 500's trigger assemblies/groups off of gunbroker for $15-$40.

Top Bottom