• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I'll be traveling to South Carolina. I noticed that according to this website: Concealed Carry Permit Reciprocity Maps - USA Carry they don't recognize Indiana's carry permit. So, with that being said what's the best way to legally have something with me to make sure the family is safe. Any suggestions?

I was going to look into pistol in lock box or a rifle taken apart in one bag, with ammo and mags separated in another.

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    I believe you can have one, accessible and loaded, in your car. But you can not carry on your person. South Carolina needs to get their dumbass act together. They only accept non-res permits from surrounding states. D-bags I tellz ya! Anyone know of anyone in that state trying to change that?

Last edited:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    The problem is as I understand it is the SC will accept out of state gun license. The problem is they only recognize a resident license. For example I have a Florida non-resident license. SC recognizes FL but I still could not carry there because I am not a resident of Florida.

OP do a little research but I believe that you can carry a loaded handgun in the center console of your vehicle.

stesco

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Greensburg
    You should be able to carry in the car as long as you meet the guidelines below. I have been looking into the same topic as I will be visiting there in the near future myself. You will not be able to have it on your person.

[B(9) a person in a vehicle if the handgun is secured in a closed glove compartment, closed console, closed trunk, or in a closed container secured by an integral fastener and transported in the luggage compartment of the vehicle; however, this item is not violated if the glove compartment, console, or trunk is opened in the presence of a law enforcement officer for the sole purpose of retrieving a driver’s license, registration, or proof of insurance;[/B]

Kaardomos

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    Milltown, Indiana

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    Hopefully that will make some progress. I love to visit my aunt and uncle down in Myrtle Beach, I just hate having to disarm while there.

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    Last time we stayed at Myrtle Beach (2 years ago don't think it's changed) You can have it in your car and transport it into where you are staying without any problems. As a matter of fact when we left early one morning we forgot to remove an extra fully loaded 40 cal. mag. out of the drawer beside the bed and it was found by the cleaning people. They turned it over to the police who contacted me. The police there were MORE than polite and understanding. They even shipped the mag. back to my home address for FREE!

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Last time we stayed at Myrtle Beach (2 years ago don't think it's changed) You can have it in your car and transport it into where you are staying without any problems. As a matter of fact when we left early one morning we forgot to remove an extra fully loaded 40 cal. mag. out of the drawer beside the bed and it was found by the cleaning people. They turned it over to the police who contacted me. The police there were MORE than polite and understanding. They even shipped the mag. back to my home address for FREE!

Nice

nick112288

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2015
    Lawrenceburg
    The way I understand it they only recognize resident permits. So out of state non-resident aren't, even if they normally recognize that states permits. But I could be wrong

Top Bottom