• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    It's not wise to agree publicly with the assassination of a sitting US President, even if it was deserved. That being said, I doubt that it would have ended the unjust war. If anything, Lincoln showed a small measure of restraint until the climactic cluster**** of approving Sherman's March to the Sea. :xmad:

Remember, if you can't win an illegitimate war as fast as you'd like, focus your attention on civilians. It's not murder if it's an order, right? :n00b:

I wouldnt agree or advocate the assassination of any modern president. not even the current illegitimate one. my point was that if it was gonna happen anyways too bad it didnt happen sooner in the war. I guess i should have been clearer.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    You sir are a horrible human being. Nothing you say from this point forward means anything to me, so please lets just ignore each other.

Anyone that calls the assassination of one of our Presidents a good thing is less than a noble human. Now on to other subjects I have mixed feelings on the civil war. The south was within rights to try to split off, thankfully that didn't work out for them. The way they treated slavery was very wrong, and many other things were very wrong. I am happy for the end result, but the way it was conceived was wrong. That being said no President was perfect including Lincoln, but my last point holds true. If you were in a closed building with a President in modern times you would have a metal detector and pat downs etc. The modern SS is better, let's say it wouldn't happen today the way it happened then.

Thanks,
    Matthew

:n00b: That's all I have to say about that.

PP said it best for me. I used Lincoln for that reason. He had protection and that still did not matter. The point being if someone really wants to kill someone else no amount of banning stuff is gonna work. Mankind always finds a way. Just like it is not possible to have a 100% safe proof house. If someone truly wants to get in they will.

You can NOT reason with the illogical.

Thank you :D You're absolutely right---you can NOT reason with the illogical. Trying to do so is akin to banging your head against a brick wall---you'll still have a headache but at least you'll have something to show for it. :):

I wouldnt agree or advocate the assassination of any modern president. not even the current illegitimate one. my point was that if it was gonna happen anyways too bad it didnt happen sooner in the war. I guess i should have been clearer.

;) I know what you meant. I just posted it like the snarky bastage I am :D

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    Oh my.. now your being dumb. You can understand context can't you. You know very well what I am talking about. Assasination is a real problem, and making it harder for someone to do that is why more Presidents have not been assasinated. Trust me when I did political work bringing in a hand gun to a presidential speach is almost impossible.. (almost) and thats a good thing.

Thanks,
    Matthew

From my viewpoint, I'm not the one being dumb here. I'm not the one arguing to take my own rights away, because it might make another person uncomfortable that I take my own defense into my own hands. I'm not privileged enough to have a Secret Service at my disposal, so I stick with carrying my own side arm for defense.

Ok so calling you dumb was rude, but you did negative rep me and leave what you considered a snide remark. I will answer your points. I don't worship the President but he does need protecting. Who is to say that YOU or Osama or anyone else isn't a threat you all look the same with a gun. Also if you are noticed with a gun around the President you will also be watched by the secret service putting them on edge, and you at raised risk. So I will reflect the question. Why do you NEED to carry around the President? To show you can? To simply say LOOK AT ME IM MR BIG SHOT? I just don't see a point. Tt seems like it would only make a situation extra tense, and shouldn't be. You will rarely be safer then when that much security is around you anyway. I don't worship the President but he is the leader of the free world, and should be treated as such.

Thanks,
    Matthew

Partially, yes, I believe people should carry around the President just because they can, because they have the right to as free people. My remark wasn't snide. It doesn't appear that you've ever read our Bill of Rights, because, for an American, you're way off base. The leader of the "free world" has the same rights as I do, because he leads the "free world" where the citizens are "free" to defend themselves. If the leader of the "free world" starts taking away freedoms, then he isn't the leader of a "free" anything, he's just another tyrant.

That being said I hear you all, and in principle I agree with you. All men are equal right? And it is a RIGHT to bear arms. However that large part of the common sense bit of my brain says.. security nightmare carrying a gun around the President bad idea. I respect your opinions however. I also never said you couldn't carry around all politicians.

Thanks everyone!
    Matthew

Here is another reading suggestion.

Common Sense by Thomas Paine

The President of the United States isn't supposed to be an Elite Monarch where the peasants have to disarm, bow down, kiss his rings, and worship the ground he walks on. Carry around the President as you would any other American, because that's all he is.

You mentioned Lincoln and I think that is a great example for what I am speaking of. Tell me how did that end for him?

Thanks,
    Matthew

Sure, awatarius, Lincoln would have been saved if only they tacked up a "No Arms Allowed" sign outside of his box. :noway: You can't stop crazy, desperate, or determined humans and criminals do not obey laws, therefore, any law attempting to punish or restrict criminal activity at the cost of making the honest people jump through an extra hoop only creates the false feeling of security, because the criminals won't jump through the hoops. So now you've just given the bad guys an express lane and taken away freedoms from innocent, good, Americans. Good job!

Top Bottom