• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ramick

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Huntington
    When I go to my local gun shop I do not carry. I guess I am just worried about the reaction from the clerk, Im not really sure why. But I was wondering how many of you do or do not carry in gun shops, and the rason why or why not. Also If you could share any experience good or bad that you have had I would appreciate it, thanks.

Buckaroo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    NWI
    If it is legal, I carry. If they don't want me to carry then I can take my business elsewhere quite easily.

Buckaroo

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    this is a repost... maybe try a search?

two.... they way i see it is that if the gunstore employee's see a need to be armed then i should see a need as well... that said, if there is a sign, i just conceal my piece and i NEVER pull it out to find a holster that works... if its going to be something i want the people to see or look at then i will unload it before i bring it in... i will just keep the ammunition in my pocket to make it ready to go if need be

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    IBTL.jpg

Nakatomi

Tactically Cool
    Rating - 98.7%
    76   1   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Makes sense to me. If you bring a loaded gun into the store, there may be the temptation to fiddle with it, say, to take it out to try a different holster or something. Or maybe to show it to someone else. It's easy to imagine scenarios where an accident could happen. If I was a gun store owner, I would worry about that one random dude doing something careless or stupid.

Me personally, if I am carrying, it stays put, no matter what. If I need to bring the gun inside the store for something specific, like to try a new holster, I remove the mag and leave it in the car, then lock the slide back, and carry it inside like that.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    this is a repost... maybe try a search?

two.... they way i see it is that if the gunstore employee's see a need to be armed then i should see a need as well... that said, if there is a sign, i just conceal my piece and i NEVER pull it out to find a holster that works... if its going to be something i want the people to see or look at then i will unload it before i bring it in... i will just keep the ammunition in my pocket to make it ready to go if need be

If something did go down, I would be very careful about pulling your weapon. In the past crimanal have sent shooters in as individual to look less suspicious and to case before the crime. This said if the store gets robbed and you pull your gun (as your not suppose to have it) you might get mistaken as a bad guy and not a good guy. IMO

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Stay concealed and don't worry about it. If they don't allow carry then I don't care to buy from the shop in question.

This kind of make me think that you are picketing a gun shop b/c they are anti-gun?!? They don't want cc b/c they get robbed all the damn time. Its for their safety and they aren't screwing around.

With that said, I am not a criminal, I have been know to CC in place that say no weapons from time to time. (Statiums, Gun Stores, I may have even accidently left a firearm in my vehical on school property for a short period of time.)

Pitmaster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    South Bend, IN
    I carry concealed. I would never pull a gun out to check a holster without a clerk waiting on me and informing him/her before hand. At least that is what I've done when necessary.

citizenvain

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Would it be OK to carry your empty gun in your holster and your magazine in your pocket instead of leaving it in your car? I typically leave the gun in the car if I go to a gun store, I've yet to visit one that doesn't have the sign about not bringing in loaded firearms. So those saying they would shop some where else, where do they go?

am94pm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Med, I'm guessing that it probably has happened, as there are plenty of stupid criminals, but I can't recall a gunstore being robbed during business hours.:dunno:

Don's Guns Greenwood, 500 Guns and Pop Guns (several years ago when they where on 10th street) I believe where all attempted during business hours. I cannot speak for other shops, but when I worked in one you would not believe the dumbshits that would come in and start jacking around with their gun trying to find a holster, checking to see if a magazine fit or what ever. Some of the guns where loaded. Also another reason is liability, if a customer comes in with a loaded gun and accidentally shoots another customer or employ, the shop may be held liable or sued.

Top Bottom