• ...and so much more!
  • BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    If this succeeds, Its going to open up instructors to these ridiculous lawsuits as well.

This is scary AF.
    I agree but instructors have always had this possibility looming over them. When I did some instructing, I always stayed with a standardize course. Anyone who is "instructing", without a course to follow, is asking for trouble. I'm not an attorney, but I believe if they are following a course, approved by an organization, then that liability falls upon the organization.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I agree but instructors have always had this possibility looming over them. When I did some instructing, I always stayed with a standardize course. Anyone who is "instructing", without a course to follow, is asking for trouble. I'm not an attorney, but I believe if they are following a course, approved by an organization, then that liability falls upon the organization.
    I was speaking to the simple act of teaching them how to shoot better is a target for the gun grabbers and victim families. Not whether what you taught was industry standard. I'm hearing you say you stay on script so nobody can claim you are responsible for bad tactics. e.g. you decide to teach a finishing shot like that guy in the diner CCTV that put one more in the robber's skull on his way out the door. That wasnt what I was talking about.

"If you hadnt taught him to be better, he may not have had the skills to succeed in the shooting!" Simply teaching proper presentation, trigger control, sight picture, and firearm manipulation skills is enough for these idiots to claim you're liable.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    There aren't anti-bank groups, with lots of money, ready to pounce upon banks. The shooter's family apparently has always been anti-gun. Somehow, the elephant in the room (the personal responsibility of the shooter) is being overlooked. When they did an autopsy of the shooter, the family had thought that a brain injury had contributed to the shooting. The autopsy found nothing that would indicate that.

Judamonster

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2022
    I read a chunk of the article (admittedly-not every word). From what I gather - someone is liable. A person who recently attempted suicide and was being treated for mental health episodes shouldn't be able to purchase a firearm. They were able to which means they passed a background check. Seems to be the background check is the issue here and the alphabet organization in charge of it.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I read a chunk of the article (admittedly-not every word). From what I gather - someone is liable. A person who recently attempted suicide and was being treated for mental health episodes shouldn't be able to purchase a firearm. They were able to which means they passed a background check. Seems to be the background check is the issue here and the alphabet organization in charge of it.
    Part of the claimants' case is that someone in the gun shop "instructed" the murderer how to hold the gun and sold him a red dot scope and extra 30 round magazines which they claim made it easier to kill. Supposedly the murderer wrote that he had a point to prove about how easy it was to purchase a gun.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    IANAL, and I realize you're making a "should be" argument. But I don't think information about a person's mental health treatment history is accessible by a background check system unless action by a judge places it there. No court action? You're just another patient with some pills. Medical privacy.

Seems like if the family knew the person was suicidal, maybe they're deflecting blame from themselves.

rbhargan

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2012
    Carmel/Liberty
    Smart-alek comment incoming...

Maybe the gun store should sue the bank for allowing tresspassing and murder. The bank did teach the shooter which doors to use when he worked there, right?
    Drunk driver kills someone. Sue the bar. Sue the liquor distributor. Sue the brewer/distiller. Sue the person who taught the driver to drive. Hell - sue society for driving the driver to drink.

"The first thing we do, is kill all the lawyers." Lawyers have been pissing off people for over 600 years.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    How about the mentally ill residing in an institution where they can get help?

“Kentucky Sen. Whitney Westerfield, R-Fruit Hill, presented to lawmakers late last year two versions of a proposed law that would at least temporarily remove a gun from someone if they are deemed a threat to themselves or others.”

"We should be able ... to come up with some solution to respect the 2nd Amendment rights while still protecting that individual from themselves or from the harm of others from that person," Westerfield said in December. "... I believe it is your obligation to not be afraid to have difficult conversations about the toughest issues."

TheGhostRider

Watching from a distance…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Next time someone goes flying by me on the highway speeding… I’m gonna file suit against the driving instuctor for the actions of the driver and maybe the car manufacturer! That’ll teach’em!

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    That's another nightmare. Biden's government would just love an excuse to slow walk and delay background checks required to purchase firearms or perhaps do away with them altogether while such a case was litigated

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    How about the mentally ill residing in an institution where they can get help?

“Kentucky Sen. Whitney Westerfield, R-Fruit Hill, presented to lawmakers late last year two versions of a proposed law that would at least temporarily remove a gun from someone if they are deemed a threat to themselves or others.”

"We should be able ... to come up with some solution to respect the 2nd Amendment rights while still protecting that individual from themselves or from the harm of others from that person," Westerfield said in December. "... I believe it is your obligation to not be afraid to have difficult conversations about the toughest issues."
    In clown world, a man calling himself a woman isn't crazy but saying the border should be secure is a mental illness.

Do you really want therapists, the most deranged peddlers of woke insanity in the land, holding the keys to your rights?

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    This morning's local news had a spot showing the victims' survivors with a large team of lawyers. Of course, one of the victim's relatives made a statement denouncing the gun shop and the sale of the AR-15 style rifle. They said the store employee(s) ignored "obvious" red flag warnings about the state of mind of the murderer. Apparently, there was a "customer" in the store who said that the murderer exhibited behavior that should have precluded the sale. I believe that the "customer" came forward AFTER the murders of the former co-workers of the murderer.

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    This morning's local news had a spot showing the victims' survivors with a large team of lawyers. Of course, one of the victim's relatives made a statement denouncing the gun shop and the sale of the AR-15 style rifle. They said the store employee(s) ignored "obvious" red flag warnings about the state of mind of the murderer. Apparently, there was a "customer" in the store who said that the murderer exhibited behavior that should have precluded the sale. I believe that the "customer" came forward AFTER the murders of the former co-workers of the murderer.
    What infuriating is thew news. How they make it so one sided. Nobody asks what proof do ya have ya where there and saw the gunman buying?

Top Bottom