• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    Seems to me that our money would be better spent patrolling the border and combating illegal aliens. The more secure our border is, the more secure the mexican border is. Therefore no more smuggling either way and the keeps the guns where they should be, here in the U.S.. But I guess that wouldn't achieve what the anti's want to achieve.

AZ Hunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Tucson, AZ
    Well with respect to patrolling the border I agree. Ove rthe weekend they (DPS and Border Patrol) busted a 49 man team with guns, money and 3,000 punds of marijuana in the desert about 40 miles south of Phoenix. That's crazy to think they travel on foot that far, crossing major roads/highways, and never get caught. I hunted predators over the weekend just west of Tucson and the amount of trash, backpacks, shirts, water bottles is crazy. Again, to make it that far north without getting caught just blows my mind. Anyway, rant over.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Perhaps I am missing something, but by what authority does ATFE claim to do this under?

Federal law specifically states handguns, not long guns. Where is the enabling legislation for this proposal?

Do they cite any?:dunno:

Here's 18 USC §923(g)(3)(A) (emphasis added) (the 3310 requirement for handguns):

(3)(A) Each licensee shall prepare a report of multiple sales or
    other dispositions whenever the licensee sells or otherwise
    disposes of, at one time or during any five consecutive business
    days, two or more pistols, or revolvers, or any combination of
    pistols and revolvers totalling two or more, to an unlicensed
    person. The report shall be prepared on a form specified by the
    Attorney General and forwarded to the office specified thereon and
    to the department of State police or State law enforcement agency
    of the State or local law enforcement agency of the local
    jurisdiction in which the sale or other disposition took place, not
    later than the close of business on the day that the multiple sale
    or other disposition occurs.

Last edited:

Arm America

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    West of Greenwood
    Our Government is second to none and I for one am grateful that I live here........

That being said, when it fails or crosses the line, it does it overwhelmingly.
    (as in war against drugs, illegal immigration and
    firearm sales in the Free United States of America)

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    As noted above, the current administration is more interested in finding evidence that evil guns are being sent to Mexico than finding actual illegal immigrants headed in the other direction. The idea that they are restricting this monitoring to the boarder is a flat lie. Go to the source- there is no restriction to monitoring near the border at all.

http://edocket.access.gpo.gov/2010/pdf/2010-31761.pdf

So in the end, they will use the excuse of watching for guns going to Mexico to increase monitoring of lawful gun purchases across the entire country.

Last edited:

ghostinthewood

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Washington, IN
    Seems to me that our money would be better spent patrolling the border and combating illegal aliens. The more secure our border is, the more secure the mexican border is. Therefore no more smuggling either way and the keeps the guns where they should be, here in the U.S.. But I guess that wouldn't achieve what the anti's want to achieve.
    Kind of what I was thinking. I do think there is some merit to it, but I think the money could be used in more effective ways...

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    I sill like my dear old dad's solution:

Five hundred miles of landmines and predator drones. If you make it through alive, you get citizenship and you get to keep whatever payload you were carrying. Are YOU man enough to take the Mexican challenge?

But seriously, I like how Mexico has a gun problem, so they are going to start chipping away at our rights. It is a backwards world! Although, Illinois has been blaming Indiana for their gun problem for years as well.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I have made more border crossings in a car with a mexican national than I could ever remember. Never stopped once by mexican border inspectors. Policing on thier side is nothing like it is here.

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    Ummmmm.... I'm pretty sure that most bad guys are not going to get their weapons through an FFL.... Feds just asking for another inch so they can take another mile...

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    According to the ATF guys at the CleanUpATF forum, the ATF may be supplying AR's to the Mexicans. Whether they're for a sting or their providing them to their buddies (who will then "lose" them) they have no business involving themselves with long guns anywhere near the border. They're just adding to their power base.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    More government reporting & watch lists...

More Federal meddling...

More restrictions...

More powerful ATF...

More emergency authority...

More gun control...

Let me think long and hard about which side I am on.

Cloverdaleman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2010
    Cloverdale,Indiana

With this I agree. But what they are saying is that guns are coming from the U.S. to Mexico. I heard from another report that the guns were coming from other places more that the U.S. Just another tactic for gun control.
    That is what the Obama team is all about gun control!

Top Bottom