• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    Looks like I would need to make a special shirt with a reader on the cuff. Then shake his hand. Then clone his chip. (Implanted chips do not have enough power to do any on chip encryption, which means a copy defeats them.) Should I not state that our new American passports suffer the same problem? Give me $100 worth of parts and a handshake and I can steal his gun collection. Give me $1500 worth of parts and I can do it from 20 feet

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    Safe

Why go to all the high tech stuff when the bad guys can still just peel the safe? In my opinion the money would be better spent on an alarm system or similar extra layer of security. All he did was make his safe easier to open.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Hi

Ummm...

Didn't they ever tell you about wearing rings anywhere you might have to use your firearm? Does the word, "degloved," mean anything to you?
    who is "they"?
    Medical conditions: Degloving of the finger:
    WARNING: Not for the squeamish.

Medical conditions: Degloving of the finger - The Weird Picture Archive

Rings off. Guns on. Guns off. Rings on.
    :rockwoot:Words to continue to be able to count to five on your gun-hand by.:rockwoot:
    Yeah...what?

Not sure this is as much of a problem as you might want us to believe. I don't know anybody who takes off their rings to shoot, and somehow, all(hundreds? thousands?) of us still have all our fingers.

How exactly would wearing a ring while shooting cause you to lose skin?

Also, I'm not sure if my wife would let me never wear my wedding ring because I'm always carrying a gun.

.30 Cal Al

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2009
    Hi

who is "they"?
    Yeah...what?

Not sure this is as much of a problem as you might want us to believe. I don't know anybody who takes off their rings to shoot, and somehow, all(hundreds? thousands?) of us still have all our fingers.

How exactly would wearing a ring while shooting cause you to lose skin?

Also, I'm not sure if my wife would let me never wear my wedding ring because I'm always carrying a gun.

"They" = Army, Marines, kind of the Navy, not so much the Air Force, the Police department....

It's not so much shooting the firearm as the environs in which you have to operate when you HAVE to use the firearm. (Note the phrase, "have to use.")

Until they manage to breed and widely disseminate a new species of attacker that only comes at you from the front at shooting ranges, so you don't have to run, dodge, jump, seek cover, gain range, tactical reload, or just generally operate at high speed around things with edges and corners, I stand by my cautionary message.

As to wedding rings: I figure that's one of the things that dog-tag chains are for.

That is unless it's a Suicide Ring.
    Get Smart said:
    Siegfried: That's my Suicide Ring.
    Max Smart: It looks normal enough to me.
    Siegfried: Ja, but mein wife will KILL me if I take it off.
    :D

As to the idea of an RFID to use a tool that you might have to use to save your life, or the lives and well-being of those around you... what was it Mr, Scott said in that Star Trek movie? "The more complicated the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain."

One thing I never have needed, nor anticipate ever needing, is a firearm that won't work because it's just too damn complicated. (Yes, Herr Georg J. Luger. I'm looking straight at YOU, too!)

Last edited:

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Hi

"They" = Army, Marines, kind of the Navy, not so much the Air Force, the Police department....
    Hmmmm...which of those do you belong to? The Marine Corps never told me not to wear a ring while shooting, but then again, I only participated in countless live fire ranges as participant, range safety officer, and officer in charge. It's weird that in more than 6 years, I never would have heard it, or given it as part of my range safety briefs, being RSO/OIC certified in 4 countries (US, Korea, Thailand, Japan), 5 states (North Carolina, Kentucky, Michigan, California, Indiana), and small arms up to 50 caliber, SMAW, AT-4, and all explosives/demolitions.
    It's not so much shooting the firearm as the environs in which you have to operate when you HAVE to use the firearm. (Note the phrase, "have to use.")

Until they manage to breed and widely disseminate a new species of attacker that only comes at you from the front at shooting ranges, so you don't have to run, dodge, jump, seek cover, gain range, tactical reload, or just generally operate at high speed around things with edges and corners, I stand by my cautionary message.

As to wedding rings: I figure that's one of the things that dog-tag chains are for.
    that doesn't make sense at all.

jpo117

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Hi

Ummm...

Didn't they ever tell you about wearing rings anywhere you might have to use your firearm? Does the word, "degloved," mean anything to you?

Medical conditions: Degloving of the finger:
    WARNING:
    Not for the squeamish.

Medical conditions: Degloving of the finger - The Weird Picture Archive

Rings off. Guns on. Guns off. Rings on.
    :rockwoot:Words to continue to be able to count to five on your gun-hand by.:rockwoot:

That is some gnarly stuff. Something else to have nightmares about...

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    +1
    Hmmmm...which of those do you belong to? The Marine Corps never told me not to wear a ring while shooting, but then again, I only participated in countless live fire ranges as participant, range safety officer, and officer in charge. It's weird that in more than 6 years, I never would have heard it, or given it as part of my range safety briefs, being RSO/OIC certified in 4 countries (US, Korea, Thailand, Japan), 5 states (North Carolina, Kentucky, Michigan, California, Indiana), and small arms up to 50 caliber, SMAW, AT-4, and all explosives/demolitions.
    that doesn't make sense at all.

Dude just let him blow his horn til he hits 50 and gone to the classifieds.

If you check him too hard he will post another condescending post quoting chapter and verse how stupid we all are to not agree and attaboy him to the silverstar club.

btw genius
    Free Will and Personal Responsibility with personal accountability is my reason for wearing my rings while carrying and shooting even after you have dispensed your wisdom.

I imagine you will now multiquote and argue that along with not being allowed guns and children they should confiscate my finger which btw is waving to you at the moment.

My number is in one of my albums if you ever want a real and civilized conversation about why laws and your sage advice about locking guns up is still within free will even if it is a felony and btw not necessarily bad advice without the brow beating of course.

I choose to do things because they are good ideas and practices not because I fear felony charges or internet shame.

sorry for the rant gang. bleed over from an attack in a different post that was closed. However I see a trend forming with a FNG and I feel it needs to be sorted out.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    It's cool, oldfb. I didn't figure he'd be back to this thread after I called him out.
    I guess he's another guy I won't be buying stuff from, even after he hits his 50 posts.

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    It's cool, oldfb. I didn't figure he'd be back to this thread after I called him out.
    I guess he's another guy I won't be buying stuff from, even after he hits his 50 posts.

Hey, I am all for sharing caution and experiences so please don't get me wrong. I just don't like being brow beat because I don't lockstep with every concerned majority. I encourage everyone to seek out and choose their own level of protection or safety because it is in their own best interest. Not because some schmoes pass a law or force it on us. Personal accountability and responsibility with free will. Right?

Top Bottom