6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2012
    Westfield

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    So, I went and looked at the Plan Commission docket again. Looks like there were some remonstrance letters that weren't mentioned at the commission meeting.

There are only 4 letters - 2 businesses and 2 private individuals. I'm not going to publicly post the link, even though these are public records. Although I STRONGLY disagree with the content of the letters, these people do have the right to submit them. Let's make sure NOT to jinx this by scaring the living crap out of these people with a confrontation - no matter how polite or well-intentioned we are. Let's just leave them alone.

Interestingly, the supporting letters do not appear to be presented. Not sure what's up with that.

But, it reinforces that there are people out there who are very opposed to this project.

On the good side, the department report published today appears to have a favorable recommendation. That means that, once the sound and safety issues are addressed (which should go smoothly), the staff recommendation is that the project be approved. The Plan Commission will still have to vote, which is absolutely not a "done deal," but it means this step should break our way.

indyharleyguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Carmel
    Well the sound and safety issues were addressed tonight and moving onto the next phase of the full plan commission vote. T.Lex they didn't say when that meeting would be though. Any idea when that meeting is?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    It looks like the next meeting will be December 17. Generally, that is not a meeting that they allow people to speak at, but it is open to the public.

Was there any talk of a positive recommendation from the committee?

indyharleyguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Carmel
    Yes they were asking most about the noise and that was put to rest that it would be fine. I am not sure if I can make the 17th but will try. I was able to speak in favor of Point Blank again and nobody spoke out against it. Luci was there and said they did receive some letters speaking out against it though.

manley82

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    It is very refreshing to see educated posts on these topics and here balanced discussions. Hopefully they are successful ad we see another viable range option soon.

kazaam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2012
    Out of curiosity what did they say about the safety and sound? Seems like it'd be interesting to see how they address specifically the sound issue.

VGFsirius

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2013
    Carmel
    This was brought up during building planning. It was pretty detailed about the different materials that would be used to soundproof the walls.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Just saw the committee report that will be presented to the Plan Commission tomorrow night. The last couple sentences sum it up nicely. :)

Overall, the Department is satisfied with the proposed changes to the building and thinks this will be a nice addition to the area.

The Department of Community Services recommends that the Commission approve this item.

Looking forward to shooting there!

The meeting is at 6:00, but there won't be any public input, and I don't really anticipate much discussion on it, either. But, it is open to the public if anyone wants to attend.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Tonight, the Plan Commission approved the project! The owner stated it should open by November 1, 2014. :)

Thanks to everyone who supported this!

Top Bottom