• Status
    Not open for further replies.

96harley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    Martinsville
    These gun laws are a waste. Get back to basics. If a gun is used in a crime or posessed by someone who, because if a criminal record shouldn't have it, they should be arrested and the courts do their job. There should only be one gun law in the books and that said, it should be the second ammendment. It covers everthing thing from firearms sales, use and posessoin of as well as right to carry permits. Just think of all the trees we could save.:D

Some may think I'm a nut case but think about it. Everyone packs. If that were the case the next time you read the headlines about a public shooting where some deranged kook goes off the deep end and tries to empty his firearm the outcome would be different.

"Man Dies During Killing Spree"

Today You Pick Da Name's murderous act was halted when he pulled a pistol from under his jacket. You Pick Da Name got off three shots at the You Pick Da Place before he was laid to rest by at least five armed citizens. Thanks goes to the wisdom of our founding fathers and their forethought when they penned the second ammendment to our constitution over two hundred years ago.
    We can still dream.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Here's a thought:

You can have a gun. But if you do something illegal with it (like murder) the punishment is HARSH.

Kinda like these "laws" we currently have:

You can have a pitchfork. But if you murder someone with it, the punishment is HARSH.

You can have a can of soup. But if you murder someone with it, the punishment is HARSH.

See the pattern here? :D

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Why not do away with all traffic laws too?

These gun laws are a waste. Get back to basics. If a gun is used in a crime or posessed by someone who, because if a criminal record shouldn't have it, they should be arrested and the courts do their job. There should only be one gun law in the books and that said, it should be the second ammendment. It covers everthing thing from firearms sales, use and posessoin of as well as right to carry permits.

Could you imaging a world where every nut case had the option to run around with a gun and we had shoots outs in the shopping malls , streets and schools. We could do away with all traffic signs and speed limits as it is our right to go where we want, when we want, as fast as we want! I sure hope you were tongue in cheek on this one and not serous? :popcorn:

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    These gun laws are a waste. Get back to basics. If a gun is used in a crime or posessed by someone who, because if a criminal record shouldn't have it, they should be arrested and the courts do their job. There should only be one gun law in the books and that said, it should be the second ammendment. It covers everthing thing from firearms sales, use and posessoin of as well as right to carry permits.

Could you imaging a world where every nut case had the option to run around with a gun and we had shoots outs in the shopping malls , streets and schools. We could do away with all traffic signs and speed limits as it is our right to go where we want, when we want, as fast as we want! I sure hope you were tongue in cheek on this one and not serous? :popcorn:

I believe he was serious. Any nut-job or felon CAN get a gun. Just look at the gun crime in Chicago or DC.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Could you imaging a world where every nut case had the option to run around with a gun and we had shoots outs in the shopping malls , streets and schools.

Umm.... you mean like TODAY'S world? Just because its illegal doesn't mean there aren't nut cases out there with guns.

Shootouts in shopping malls?

Gunman kills 8, self at Omaha mall - Crime & courts- msnbc.com

Streets?

Gunman Kills Woman At Bronx Street Corner - New York Times

Schools?

FOXNews.com - Virginia Tech Gunman Mailed Video Rant Before Murderous Rampage; Court Records Show Killer Was Ruled a Danger in 2005 - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    If Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, was packing a gun, those "nutjobs" would think twice, three times, four times, five times, oh **** it times and probably not pull their gun for a heinous act. Crime rates would drop as has been shown in states that relax their gun laws. More guns in trained, law-abiding hands = less crime. Period.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Not really

If Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, was packing a gun, those "nutjobs" would think twice, three times, four times, five times, oh **** it times and probably not pull their gun for a heinous act. Crime rates would drop as has been shown in states that relax their gun laws. More guns in trained, law-abiding hands = less crime. Period.

Crazy and drugged up people don't think. Some nuts get guns now with all the laws we have any respectable people who want a gun can get one so why would you want to make this the wild wild west? I would venture to guess half the people carrying guns now don't know how to use them properly so imagine if the figure was doubled? Scary thought.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Being I have had friends on the wrong side of the law, I know how they think. Trust me, drugged up or not, they would find sneakier ways to get what they want. Guns or not. But more guns on the streets in the hands of people like us would have prevented the heinous acts that esrice so conveinently posted links to. Like the guy who went church to church until he was stopped by a citizen with a gun. His next target was a school. If they are going to commit mass murder with a gun, it would be harder to do if everyone else around them was armed.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Got an idea

Being I have had friends on the wrong side of the law, I know how they think. Trust me, drugged up or not, they would find sneakier ways to get what they want. Guns or not. But more guns on the streets in the hands of people like us would have prevented the heinous acts that esrice so conveinently posted links to. Like the guy who went church to church until he was stopped by a citizen with a gun. His next target was a school. If they are going to commit mass murder with a gun, it would be harder to do if everyone else around them was armed.

Here is how to test your theory; why don't you move to Afghanistan or Somali for a year and see how you'd like living in the society you are advocating. Let us know how you make out. :rolleyes:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    This is NOT a third world Country. We here are civilized. As has been said, if a BG wants a gun, they'll get it. Period. How many wicked shootings by nutjobs do we have every year on average? Do you honestly think it would go up if everyone was armed and these bad laws were repealed? Are you fighting for the Anti-Gun crowd now? Think about what you are advocating here. It's ok to have this restrictive law, but not this one or that one. There's the second amendment and then there's all other laws restricting it. If you are a felon, you give up your rights just as if you were mentally ill.

Seriously, How can you sit there and say that allowing anyone to get a gun that wouldn't be restricted (felons, mentally ill, etc.) would be a bad thing, but then on other threads gripe about how an AWB is a bad thing? That's doesn't measure up.

:rolleyes: back atcha.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Crazy and drugged up people don't think. Some nuts get guns now with all the laws we have any respectable people who want a gun can get one so why would you want to make this the wild wild west? I would venture to guess half the people carrying guns now don't know how to use them properly so imagine if
    the figure was doubled? Scary thought.

Which is why we also advocate the teaching of children the responsibilities and safe-handling of guns. Actually, the wild west was a pretty safe place. Crime wise, and people who were law-abiding OCed, look like someone's drinking the Hollywood Kool-aid ;)

Here is how to test your theory; why don't you move to Afghanistan or Somali for a year and see how you'd like living in the society you are advocating. Let us know how you make out. :rolleyes:

To claim that The US is the same as Afghanistan but with different gun laws is asinine. You discount all other socio-economic issues and systems here.

Honestly, a lot of these arguments are the same ones that the anti-gun crowd make.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    why don't you move to Afghanistan or Somali for a year and see how you'd like living in the society you are advocating.

What exactly are the gun laws in Afghanistan or Somalia? Can just anyone legally possess a gun?

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    I hail from MD, which in some aspects has more restrictions on guns, especially carrying and "Assault Weapons".

You seem to think that the NY laws are the norm, and that we should be happy with having any gun rights at all. That's the same liberal ideology that we should praise the state for letting us lowly citizens have these rights at all. The government does not give us these rights, so they have NO right to take them away.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom