• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Designer99

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I hope one of yous share the likens of myself. I'm down to my last 6pack of the gumballhead and needs more. I live on the south side of Indy, so if any of u beer drinkers now of a spot that has the gumball please let me know. I would also take the Zombie Dust but that's few and far between also. :cheers:

I agree 100% and feel your pain. That's part of the reason it's so good, you never know when you'll be able to find some around here.

Oliver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Brewstone Beer Company has Jinx Proof and Alpha King on tap for $3 right now. (north side, but did I mention it's $3 a pint!?!

kjf40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Lake county
    I have been holding on to a 6 pack of Zombie Dust for 2 weeks.....waiting for a time to go to my brothers so he can try it....keeps getting cancelled....so i told him im not waiting any longer.

the Gumballhead is pretty easy to get around Merrillville.....great beer just very expensive.
    $42 per case.

The Zombie Dust is $13 for 6....sheesh

TTB Yeee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Ohio
    Both are good beers, my mom LOVES Zombie Dust. I prefer Osiris and Ranger (New Belgium) because they are cheaper and easier to obtain. I had some Gumball head and Osiris last night, I prefer Osiris.

The only place I have really found gumballhead on the SS is the Party Liquors off of Stop11 and Madison?? They sell single beers to make your own six pack, so I usually find 3 or 4 of them, but if you're desperate...

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Salem
    If you like Gumballhead, give this a shot sometime...

Boulevard Brewing Company » 80-Acre Hoppy Wheat Beer

Boulevard Brewing Company » 80-Acre Hoppy Wheat Beer

Boulevard "80 acre." Its only $7.99 or so a six pack, and boy is it good. The same brewery has an unfiltered wheat ale that is mighty tasty as well. It will make Upland Wheat Ale blush.

What about Hopslam? No one has mentioned that one yet. its about $18 a sixer...if you can find it.

The great thing about beer is there is one for each mood or occasion. Some of my favorites, in no real group or order are:

Pyramid "Haywire" (heffewiesen),
    Negra Modelo (darker Mexican)
    Molsen Golden (crisp, refreshing, delicious)
    Michelob Amberbock (cold winter beer)
    Sun King Sunlight (cream Ale)
    New Belgium Fat Tire
    Heineken
    Budweiser!

No snobbery here, as you can see. I also like a wedge of lime or lemon in a cold bottle of something crisp and clean in the summertime. Quite refreshing. But geberally, when it comes to booze, ole Sasquatchhhunter is none too picky..........

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    I agree that Three Floyd's is way overrated. Especially the Dark Lord, don't get me wrong it's good beer, but I'm not about to spend all year waiting for a beer that I can only get one day again. And then be forced to brave a crowd of lonely hippies and pretentious d-bag beer snobs to get two bottles, screw that.

I suppose I'm just a weird one, I like microbrews, I can appreciate the hard work that goes into it, I'll even go out of my way to get one, but at the end of the day I'll still kick back with a billy beer like IDGAF.

bmwguru

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Two of my absolute favorites. I'm enjoying a gumball head as I type. Zombie dust is a world class APA. Regarded as one of the best in the land by some. Its also about as hard to find as .22 ammo right now outside of the brewery. Luckily enough for me I travel to Chicago often and can stop by the brewery.

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    First of all the absolute best beer is a free one.

If you want grapefruit citrus hoppy delight then ZD does the best citra based on beer I have had. I am on my third batch of homebrew trying to perfect a clone.

Shift

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Tried some gumball head recently, thought it was disgusting. Beer should not taste fruity.

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    Get a pound of Citra and brew your own, you wont have to rely on buying.

I haven't had the pleasure of having zombie dust yet, but from what I read the citra will work well there. But to truly replicate gumballhead you're gonna need some Amarillo and a lot of it. :)

There is a very good clone recipe over on homebrewchatter.com that a friend came up with that is pretty much spot on. If I weren't posting from the phone I'd link to it.

kjf40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Lake county
    The Zombie Dust is a PA...the hops flavor is too much for me, i will stick to the wheat beers.

I have 3 Zombie dust beers left though....not sure what im gonna do with those....lol

drysdaleg

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    The only thing from three Floyd's I can find is
    Pride and joy/alpha king.

I'd love to have a sixer of gum ball right now.

TTB Yeee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Ohio
    The only thing from three Floyd's I can find is
    Pride and joy/alpha king.

I'd love to have a sixer of gum ball right now.

Yup, that's pretty much all I find in Indy now a days. I'm not particularly fond of either of them.

I was looking for Boulevard 80 acre (thanks to this thread) and stumbled on some Gumballhead, so I picked up a sixer of each.

billyboyr6

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    greenfield
    No body has mentioned one of my favorite 3F beers, rye da tiger. Mmmmmmm. ZD is an awesome beer. I drank a lot of that in Mishawaka at B-dubs while I was working out of town. Pride and joy is ok, but a little light on the flavor for my taste. Gumball head was also on tap up there and I thought it was ok as well. Arctic panzer wolf is a bruiser not for the light beer weeny. It's a but kicker. It was $13 for a 12 oz glass on draft. If you like flavor in your beer give that one a shot.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Just had Zombie Dust over the weekend. Holy cow, you guys were right, what a great beer!

Case of Gumball Head and a case of Alpha King in the basement for Christmas gifts. 6 pack of Pride and Joy in the fridge.:D

I am now a 3Floyds convert.:D

pjcalla

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Never had the Zombie Dust, but this thread makes me want to try it. I am a big fan of hoppy beers. Hop Slam is pretty good, and I usually buy a case or two every year when it comes out. I'm also a fan of Sun King's Osiris, and I'm sitting on one GFJ that I've stashed. Last summer I had Sun King's *****in' Camaro (I believe) on tap and it was fantastic. I couldn't find it in the stores after that, but I will keep my eyes open for it next summer. Another one worth trying is the Thr3e Wise Men's Centennial Martyr DIPA. I had it on tap at Scotty's Brewhouse (Sunday is $2.50 / pint) and I plan on going to get growlers filled (Tuesday $8 / growler fills).

RGriff69

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    I had Gumball Head and Robert the Bruce yesterday while watching the Colts get slaughtered.

Zombie Dust is good but my favorite is Gumball Head.

Top Bottom