• Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    at least 2 of the men were carrying firearms
    True. From the story:
    The guard saw that at least two of the suspects were carrying firearms, and at least three of the suspects were wearing "Halloween" type costume masks, as well as hooded sweatshirts with the hoods up, said Whitlock.
    But it still does not say holstered or unholstered. Based on the content of the story I would assume unholstered, but they *could* have just been open carrying in a holster.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Gotta give a big :yesway: to the security guard. He had to make a bold decision to open fire when he did. It might have saved a lot of lives.

I was glad to read that the LEOs were calling it a justified shooting.

huawilso

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    New Castle, In
    We need a few more of these stories. Maybe if this happened more people would think before acting on stupid impulses. Pat on the back for the officer I am sure there will be difficult times ahead for him trying to prove it was justified. Has anyone heard if the suspects are stable condition or deceased.

Integraholic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    At home
    True. From the story:

But it still does not say holstered or unholstered. Based on the content of the story I would assume unholstered, but they *could* have just been open carrying in a holster.
    You dont walk into a bank with a mask on, hood up, and carrying a gun. Even without seeing a gun, I'd have known those guys were up to something.

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    You dont walk into a bank with a mask on, hood up, and carrying a gun. Even without seeing a gun, I'd have known those guys were up to something.

Exactly... some Banks don't even want people wearing hats. It blocks the security cams from getting a good pic of any customer implementing their own version of wealth distribution. :):

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    That is awesome :) . I rarely go in banks anyway, I don't want some idgit coming up behind me with intent to robt he place while I"m just trying to get some pennies for penny-wars at work. God bless the atm, I can do everything but get coins there.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    This reminds me a great deal of the pawn shop robbery. I know there was video of it around. The workers we watching them in the back room as the jumped over the counter and pulled out their guns. Immediately, the were fired upon from behind the mirror/tinted glass. Robbery instantly over. I thought we had a link to that on the site, but I'm not finding it.

Top Bottom