• ...and so much more!
  • danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    I just shot a GSG-5 for the first time today, along with a few other guns I had yet to shoot, and I was really impressed with the GSG-5. It's a lot of fun for a little .22, cheap to shoot albeit a little pricey (for a .22) at initial purchase. Does anyone here own one/ have experience with them? Good/Bad/Ugly? I'm seriously considering buying one in the very near future. Thanks!

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    That thing was sick, man. If you get one, you seriously need to put a can on it.

BTW: Thanks for the ammo. I know it's not cheap, and I appreciate you letting me run a couple mags in the Norinco (et. al.) I'll return the favor the next time we shoot.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Scutter, anytime man. Cold wet feet and all, I am happy to have spent time enjoying 50 degree weather in February out at the range! Your AR was pretty wicked with that .22 conversion. Look forward to heading out again soon.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I just shot a GSG-5 for the first time today, along with a few other guns I had yet to shoot, and I was really impressed with the GSG-5. It's a lot of fun for a little .22, cheap to shoot albeit a little pricey (for a .22) at initial purchase. Does anyone here own one/ have experience with them? Good/Bad/Ugly? I'm seriously considering buying one in the very near future. Thanks!

I've got both the GSG-5P and the GSG-5PK. I've run about 400 rounds through the 5P and really like it. I visited a shop today and think I'm going to turn my GSG-5PK into an SBR and also add a suppressor. That'll make it a pretty damn expensive .22!

They are great looking guns that shoot reasonably well. I'm scrambling to find the extras for them. I've finally got several extra 22 round magazines along with scope mounts, etc. They are just really popular right now.

Take down takes a little work, but nothing that bad.

The fun part is that they can be customized in so many ways, and, you can shoot .22 all day long for $20.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Well, with any luck at all, maybe my boss will be willing to sell his (the one I shot was his, he lent me that along with a few other rifles to check out). I'm just absolutely smitten with that gun, it's ridiculous. Really, really want one. They're so cool for a .22!

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I love my GSG-5.

FWIW winchester xpert ammo can screw with it (but what autoloader likes them anyway?).

It's 100% with remington or federal 550 round bulk packs. I'm glad I bought mine. Much more fun to shoot than a 10/22, easier to load and while it's not quite as accurate as a 10/22 it's 10x as relibale.

My favorite .22lr I own by far.

JcJ

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    I've had mine for about 6 months, I like it a lot but they are not without issues,

It's been back to ATI for warranty/recall work already, but it will now actually shoot more than 10 rounds without jamming..
    I tore mine down again yesterday to try and tackle the lack of bolt hold open on last shot.. The ear on the bolt is worn over and no longer catches the latch that holds the bolt.. While doing that work I found that the 3 torx screws that hold the bolt together had loosened up yet again, even after proper prep, loc-tite and torque.. Check out the threads and stickies over at AR15.COM :: Forums :: GSG-5 , lots of good info if you ignore the punk kids..

Over all It's a ton of fun, maybe more fun than my AR w/Ceiner, but I have concerns about it's long term life/parts availability. GSG is being sued by HK over copyrights, anything can happen with that.. Never the less I am in the process of SBR'ing it with a Gemtech barrel so I can run my Outback on it. I have a collapsible GSG stock on order as well as a used factory hand guard and butt stock.

They need lots of attention but we do put a ****-ton of rounds thru it, more than anything else and more fun than anything else I own..

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I didn't know the GSG came in a pistol flavor, too. If I ever add one to my list, I'm gonna have a tough time choosing between the two.

absrio

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Howard County
    I have the GSG-5PK and really like it. It does beg to be SBR'ed. When my TAC65 shows up I plan on using this as a host. The PK throws some nice flames at night.

GSG-5atnight2.jpg

Last edited:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Danielocean03: I just got back from HCFG. Today is the day we should have gone. All that ice and slush has vanished. The ground is a little wet, but the pistol area is all gravel, so it was fine. My feet are completely dry! :):

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Danielocean03: I just got back from HCFG. Today is the day we should have gone. All that ice and slush has vanished. The ground is a little wet, but the pistol area is all gravel, so it was fine. My feet are completely dry! :):

I was outside today thinking that very thing. Oh well, we'll have to head out there again soon, I always have a good time @ HCFG.

I am going to talk to my boss tomorrow about buying his GSG-5.

It's killing me to know that I have to return that badass rifle tomorrow. :crying:

With any luck, he'll want to sell it to me.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I was astonished to note that we were the only ones there all weekend (with one exception). I can't believe on such a nice day, no one else wanted to shoot. Not that I'm complaining, mind you. I had the car radio blasting while I was blasting. :D

Top Bottom