• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimbob488

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    MERRILLVILLE INDIANA
    I looked them up. It's been several years since I have been there. The website is gone. Does anyone from that area know if they are still open? The shop was a don Hume leather dealer and I didn't wa t to waste the trip if they are closed. Thanks for telling me

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    They are all closed up. Steve got burnt out from dealing with the latest generation of gun buyers.

It happened about five months ago.

It's sad but what your saying is very true and its all over the country.
    Small business gun store owners have been so busy the last 10-15 years and they don't take enough time off to regenerate and just burn themselves out.
    When I stop in some of my old haunts you don't see the normal crowd hanging around anymore, seems the owners turn into crab apples.. It's sad for sure.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Steve got burnt out from dealing with the latest generation of gun buyers.

Or maybe the latest generation of gun buyers got burnt out dealing with Steve.:dunno:

I miss the place. If nothing else, for having a local source with a good selection of reloading supplies.

...seems the owners turn into crab apples..

Oh, you've met Steve.:laugh:

In his defense, he didn't suddenly turn that way. He was remarkably consistent. Not that he was a jerk, just not a personality made for retail sales. His wife on the other hand, super lady, mad customer service skills.:yesway:

Last edited:

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    They are all closed up. Steve got burnt out from dealing with the latest generation of gun buyers.

It happened about five months ago.

I did not know that. I've bought a lot of guns off of him and some reloading stuff. He did have an attitude at times. Sucks to loose a local gun shop.

mdemetz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    NW Elkhart Co.
    From a June thread;
    Steve will be closing down Granger Guns this month. He is looking for an auction company to come in to sell off everything. He is selling off guns at cost or below. Reloading stuff is still list, which was always pretty good
    Did he ever have that auction?

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    From a June thread;
    Did he ever have that auction?

Didn't have the auction. Sold all the remaining guns to one individual. Not sure who it was since Steve wasn't a big talker. I didn't ask because I knew he would have had a sharp answer.

I was in the last few days before he closed up completely and was allowed to get some great bargains.

Top Bottom