• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I introduced my dad to govliquidation a year or so ago but he never registered or anything. I decided to jump on a few weeks ago and these were coming up for auction soon. Since I'm a student in Terre Haute it was no problem for me to just go down and look at them for him. So I told him and he finally registered and got his feet wet buying from govliquidation.
    tanker.jpg

We loaded the first one up to haul home yesterday. (we hauled it because they don't have titles yet and the brakes were questionable after sitting for a few years). He plans to use them on the farm for liquid fertilizer and water.
    loadedtank.jpg

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I saw you on the highway! Early yesterday afternoon you were going north on either 69 or 13.
    Yep, he left Terre Haute just after noon headed towards Ft. Wayne area. I stayed here to finish up my last week of college!!!! It probably would've been on 69 that you saw it.

Regarding the brass auctions, I've been seriously considering buying some. I'm just waiting until I start work over at Crane so I can just stop by while I'm at work and check the lots out. They just sold a 56,000 lb lot of brass over at Crane (even had several hundred pounds of .300 WinMag). I didn't catch how much it went for, but I'm not worried, they sell an awful lot of brass because just a few months ago they sold a similar lot, and now they have these smaller lots. I can't imagine how much they go through.

Cristalship,
    Regarding how much they were, they all sold between $1500 and $2500 each. There really isn't much old fuel in them. Just a slight smell of fuel, they've been cleaned out pretty good (probably have to for safety reasons I'm guessing). Any "residue" left in there will get diluted enough that it won't matter. They will be used to transport fertilizer and water for spraying. Possibly animal manure as well.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I'd clean it out real good, then bury it & refurbish it into a storm/bomb/fallout/zombie shelter.
    Umm... I hope you're really really short. The actually inside height of the tank is only a little more than 3 feet. Its probably worth much more used as it was intended to be used (as a semi-trailer tank).

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Well it certainly wouldn't be for living in, it'd be more for just for cowering in. :D
    I guess my point was that there are things much more suited for that, and much cheaper than a semi-trailer. With the trailer you're buying the wheels and the pump and all the plumping etc, when you could just purchase a culvert and have the ends welded shut for a fraction of the price (and you could stand up in it).

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    surplus tanker

"He plans to use them on the farm for liquid fertilizer and water."
    The GROUP BUY that comes to my mind is to fill this sucker up with fuel in the winter when it is cheaper and use as your own gas station all summer. My vinyl village neighborhood association doesn't say anything SPECIFICALLY about parking a tanker truck full of flamable liquid in the driveway but I'm sure the spirit of a couple rules would be infringed upon.:D

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    So nobody would want to do a group buy on brass?

Oh I would be interested in a group buy on the brass. I can see myself interested in 5.56, 7.62, .45, .40, and 9mm brass for reloading. (yeah that pretty much covers all calibers huh?) The price would have be good, and I would have to think on how I would get it home as well as WHERE I would store it. Think you can use it in crates for a bed frame? :laugh:

Greg

Top Bottom