• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • minx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    SW Indiana
    I saw this and was thinking about adding one of these to the other side of the house. A must when kids are present. Anyone have a Biometric, easy and safe access?

At Menard's:

b842011_1.jpg

NavyVet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Marshall County
    I actually bought one of these (last week of course)... Will be trying to get the difference in cost back later today. While not fireproof and a BG with a big enough can-opener is going to be able to get it open, it does serve the purpose of keeping guns and ammo safely stored from little hands.

The biometrics have been reliable (sometimes a little touchy if finger is not 'displayed' perfectly) and opens most of the time. The keypad also lets you enter a code to open the safe. There is a key to unlock the safe if the electronics or batteries fail. I assume the keys are unique as the safe S/N is needed to get a replacement.

Considering the Gunvault boxes cost twice the price of this guy (with half the space), it has been a good buy for me. I will probably buy a second at this price to put at a second location. Plenty of room for several handguns and several boxes of ammo...

I am working on an LED light for inside the safe when the door is open....

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    I saw this and was thinking about adding one of these to the other side of the house. A must when kids are present. Anyone have a Biometric, easy and safe access?

At Menard's:

b842011_1.jpg

Why is it a must have when kids are present? Seems like the carry piece is on you and the rest of the guns are in the primary safe...?

Or is this not actually a second (back up) safe for you?

Anyways if I had my primary safe(s), rather than a another backup I'd probably focus more on fireproof boxes that are extremely well hidden, or buried treasure out back. Yarr.

[edit] the buried treasure thing was only half joke, those monovault deals seem legit.

Top Bottom