• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • glock34

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    Fishers
    Had a good day bass fishing today. had 7 keepers and 7 short fish which is good for a public lake in Indiana. All were caugh on a minus-1 type crankbait. The bass were chasing bait and had the feedbag on. I would swear the fish I was catching by the end of the day were fatter that the ones in the morning. I think it was because they were eating all day.

outlaw2842

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    we would probably have more bigger bass in indiana if someone would inforce the whole 12" size minimum.ive countless people that keep bass under 12 inches all the time.i just wish people would have some common sense.anyway sounds like you had a hell of a day!

outlaw2842

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    i fish every so often down at atterbury.took my boat down there one day and this guy had a stringer full of 8" bass.i asked him what the hell do you think your doing? he said what? i just want my dinner.i hate stupid people.

cubsfan1984

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    Northwest Indiana
    I completely agree about the length requirements. I'm more of a CPR (catch,photo,release) type fisherman, always going after a nice fish.I get very upset seeing people taking everything they catch. Come back the next day to do the same thing.

glock34

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    Fishers
    I did not say it but all I do is catch and release for Bass so they are still out there ready to be caught again.

redneck919

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2009
    southside
    same

catch, pic, release when it comes to bass, if I get a stringer of panfish, they get ate :D
    i dont have a problem in the world with people taking panfish out.most lakes are over populated with them anyway.in my opinion they should up the minimum size to 16" for bass.enforce the laws.give out tickets.and then maybe just maybe people will stop taking baby bass out of indiana lakes.i think they should also go around and check fishing lisense's.that right there would probably eliminate alot of the missing bass population.just because id imagine that the people that take the small bass out dont even have a lisense.

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    I like my fish fresh. My favorite type fishing is fly fishing the edges of lily pads with a fly rod for bluegill. I keep only three fish, that is six fillets. Makes a good meal for me. I keep the first three, if I get a bigger one, I throw the smallest one back. When I am done fishing, I have the three biggest ones I caught that day. Nice supper that night.

I agree with the 12in bass limit. On the lake I live, the bluegill and bass nest in front of my cottage. Most us locals do not fish there during the nesting season. But I see boat after boat pulling bass and bluegill off their nest. Then people wonder why our fishing had been getting worse over the last few years. These "fishermen" all brag how good they are for catching so many fish. Anyone can catch bass and bluegill of a nest, they will strike at anything that they believe is a threat to their nest.

seawolfxix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2009
    Kansas City
    This thread made me want to go bass fishing last weekend, but I forgot to post a picture. It's a small one, but it was the only one I landed that night.

PIC-0181.jpg

Top Bottom