• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Instead of opening a thread for every single review, can we have a +1 thread where members can post. Then periodically, a moderator can update a sticky post, where names are listed alphabetically, with the additions.

This is not my idea. ar15.com has this and it works very well.

It keeps everything organized and makes it easier to look up names.

pmpmstrb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    I say no. You should search for the user name before buying. If someone has already started a +1 thread read the reviews in that thread. After the transaction search again and if there was already a +1 thread on the person then add to it. If there isn't one then start one. I don't think it gets any easier. No need to put all the extra work and effort into it.

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    pmpmstrb,

Yes, you should search; I'm not trying to eliminate that. I think what I suggested is simpler because instead of searching an entire forum, you only search two threads: the updated thread which only the moderator can touch and the open +1 thread that is yet to be added to the former thread.

pmpmstrb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    pmpmstrb,

Yes, you should search; I'm not trying to eliminate that. I think what I suggested is simpler because instead of searching an entire forum, you only search two threads: the updated thread which only the moderator can touch and the open +1 thread that is yet to be added to the former thread.

You don't have to search the entire forum. At the top you click on search, advance search, then change the criteria to search titles only. It's as easy as that.

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    You don't have to search the entire forum. At the top you click on search, advance search, then change the criteria to search titles only. It's as easy as that.

Correct, but threads get archived or purged over time whereas a constant sticky thread is always available.

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Can you post a link to the AR15 thread. Thanks

Here's the sticky thread that gets updated monthly. No matter how old, the information remains there. For example, if you want to look up abnk, you scroll down alphabetically and find my name.

AR15.COM :: Forums :: Feedback ~ A - B ~ 5/5/08

The following thread is what feeds the above one monthly. In one month this reaches 20-30 pages of 25 posts each. If every one of those posts were threads, you'd have 500-750 threads every month.

AR15.COM :: Forums :: POST ALL POSITIVE FEEDBACK HERE!

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    I think abnk's idea to run the feedback section like ARFCOM does, is a good idea.

But I would also like to throw him under the bus, so to speak.:):

I nominate abnk to keep track of the feedback section, if Fenway chooses to use the ARFCOM format.

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    Correct, but threads get archived or purged over time whereas a constant sticky thread is always available.
    That is only if the forum is set up to do so. I doubt this forum will grow so big as to warrant needing to do that.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    I think abnk's idea to run the feedback section like ARFCOM does, is a good idea.

But I would also like to throw him under the bus, so to speak.:):

I nominate abnk to keep track of the feedback section, if Fenway chooses to use the ARFCOM format.

I second that nomination. Because honestly, I dunwannadoit. ;)

Top Bottom