• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    i have a g17 as well. like others have said its a great gun! and like mentioned else where they multiply somehow... i ended up with a g27 one day....

no complaints!

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    It took me a while to finally give a Glock a try and once I did I was hooked. I picked up an XDm9 and it just wasn't for me. I kept waiting for another 1911 to come in my shop so I could trade the XDm9 plus some cash towards it but at the time, 1911 Springfields were hard to come by. A very gently used Glock 35 was in and after a bit of prodding from the wife to 'just get the Glock' I traded the XDm9 in and brought the G35 plus a ton of ammo home. Now, 5 Glocks later, I still look for what my next Glock will be. I love the other guns I own/owned but everything about Glocks work for me. I recently purchased an M&P9 Pro for something different but it is the most Glock-like of all the non-Glocks out there. Just be warned, Glocks have a way of multiplying!

Hotwired

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 15, 2011
    OK guys, I have not shot a glock. What makes them so desirable? Are the frame and grip dipped in some type of drug that can be adsorbed through the skin or something? Can someone enlighten me what the glock has that ruger, S&W, and the others don't? Is it the weight, balance, trigger, the smell, is it a symbiotic life force, is it like caressing a beautiful woman?

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    OK guys, I have not shot a glock. What makes them so desirable? Are the frame and grip dipped in some type of drug that can be adsorbed through the skin or something? Can someone enlighten me what the glock has that ruger, S&W, and the others don't? Is it the weight, balance, trigger, the smell, is it a symbiotic life force, is it like caressing a beautiful woman?

nope, none of the above.

They are like an AK... they just run when you need them to.

For many, they feel like a 2x4, bad grip angle, too snappy when shot, don't aim right... so forth and so on.

For us... they shoot where we aim and run all day. Nothing magical about them, nothing special, no bells and whistles, just work.

A5guy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Steuben County
    To answer your questions- yes.:D
    I balked at them for a long time, having never operated one. All I could think was "WTH is this? All the comfort and ergonomics of a gas pump, kind of gruesome looking, plastic?!"
    Then I shot a friend's 19. Rang the steel plate EVERY TIME! I wasn't at liberty to shoot it 200 times or something, but in a couple mags I felt like I'd already mastered it. He showed me how to take it apart, which took all of ten seconds.
    So, I bought a used Gen 3 G26. Accurate, never a FTF or FTE in 500 or so rounds. FILTHY, feed ramp's black with burnt powder, little specks of brass in everything, it just shoots and shoots. Totally reliable. It's a REAL combat handgun! I've never felt more safe or sure of a handgun.

Yosarian87

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    NWI
    I have a Ruger P95 and a glock17. I have just found the glock to be alot more comfortable (even with my smaller hands). The recoil doesn't affect my reaim as much as on my ruger. Also, I have been able to feed it anything and everything (within a 9X19 size). As said before it's just a great gun and very hard to realize it before you pick one up and put a few down range. I did love the way the XD felt in my hand..but when I fired it i quickly changed my mind.

gcoop

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Indianapolis
    A lot of people hate them, a lot more people love them. If you like to shoot a pistol that always fires when you pull the trigger, then you will have to get yourself one or two or three and so on.

jthom19802

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    I bought my first Glock, a 26. I then took it to the range located in the same gun shop. Put 100 through it, came out, and bought a second one on the spot!

Since then, have acquired two more. So I now have two for myself, protection and the range. Two brand new, unfired that I will likely eventually sell when it comes time to buy ...well, another gun :D

You really just can't go wrong with a Glock. Beautiful combination of low maintenance and high reliability.

Welcome to the club, sir :welcome:

smokestack

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 17, 2010
    Lafayette
    Join us and drink the koolaid. I bought one and then had to buy the other half one after she started shooting mine. They are popular for a reason, they work.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    my first was a 22, then a 27. The ability to use G22 mags in the 27 sold me.

Sure makes it easy to help justify getting another Glock :D Why just buy 2 extra mags when you can buy a new Glock AND get two extra mags for free, right?;)

I'll eventually add either a 35 or 23 to the collection to complement my 22. I love having mags, holsters and ammo that cross over into other guns.

vxtip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    West of somewhere
    another casuality to glock fandom :) ive said it before and ill say it again, i hated glock as much as anyone could hate the ugly overrated pos, up until the time i shot one. its become a love affair, and i enjoy telling everyone i can that the hype is genuine, it really is perfection.

avengedXT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 84%
    20   4   1
    Feb 15, 2010
    Behind the V!
    Haha welcome to "Glock Perfection".

I was an XD-Fanboy until I finally shot my Glock 23. Been a Glock Fanboy ever since. Own a total of two Glock 23's, both Gen 3. And while one's pending a trade right now, the other one is going nowhere.

Congrats on your G17 though, would probably be my next step in the Glock lineup since I want something cheaper to shoot (9mm)

rtm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    I have been considering a glock and after reading this thread im even more convinced.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I have been considering a glock and after reading this thread im even more convinced.

I was like a lot of other shooters and really just discounted a lot of what others were saying about Glock as hype. I spent some time watching shooters of all skill levels work the Glock and after giving it an honest chance I was hooked. I love all kinds of guns but what turned me on to Glock the most was it's simplicity and reliability. It just works and works well. It looks odd and feels odd and if you can get around those two factors you can have yourself an incredibly reliable piece for around $500 NIB.

686 Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Huntington County
    A few years ago I bought a G19 from my son-in-law and then I bought a police trade-in G23, a co-worker wanted the G23 and was willing to trade his, almost new, G30. I made the trade and then I had two Glocks in the safe, now every time I open the safe there seems to be another Glock in there, the latest being a "baby Glock" G26, If this doesn't stop I may have to seperate the G19 and the G30, or maybe just buy another safe.

picture.php

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane
    Top Bottom