• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yosarian87

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    NWI
    Went to the show today, had a great time... Didn't end up getting a G19 or a XD9. We instead went with the G17. Did some shooting at the range saturday and fell in love with the G17. Found a great price for it, and had her uncle give it a look over and went with it. Put 250 rounds through it as soon as I got home. Then pulled out the P95...I will never shoot that thing again. G17 is my new favorite. Now it's time to accessorize and have some fun. :rockwoot:

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Welcome to the dark side. I have shot a few other handguns that arent Glock, and I prefer my Glock hands down.

-MColford

joshuametivier

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Columbus
    Great pick. Like the enthusiasm. Hope you get to enjoy it for a long time to come. Glock is holding some competitions at eagle creek this summer. maybe you'll enter with your new gun. :) Joshua

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I bought a Glock 17 off of my former boss a year or two back. I was, (at the time,) totally against them on principle, and was just thinking that for $250, it would make a great range gun.

I fell in love with it. I'm very pro-Glock now. Enjoy your new purchase. And remember; Glocks get lonely, and they need friends. ;)

Stephen A. Camp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2010
    Texas
    Hello and I hope that you enjoy your Glock 17 for years to come. For years, I didn't own one, but saw more than a few on various police firing lines when I was a police firearm instructor. I pretty quickly came to see that the things were usually reliable as homemade sin.

Eventually, I bought A G17. It was initially to be a "loaner" for folks in CHL classes I taught, but as time went by, I found myself shooting it quite a lot myself!

In short, I think that Glocks are generally pretty darned good handguns. If interested, here are some reports done on them:

A Critical Look at the Glock 17

The Hi Power and the Glock 17

Arotek Night Sights

Enjoy your pistol.

Best to you and yours.

Streck-Fu

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Noblesville
    The Glock is very fine handgun. I regard it as the AK-47 of handguns. Not in a disparaging way but as a mention of respect. It goes bang everytime you pull the trigger and is accurate enough to hit at what you are aiming within pistol range.

I used to have a G23 with 9mm and .357 Sig barrels making it wonderfully adaptive. I am sorry I sold it.

Yosarian87

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    NWI
    The weird thing is I got a call from my dad last night, and he told me a buddy of his had a Glock 23 ( I beleive) for sale and a Kimber as well on the out...I offered a pack of gum and $50 bucks...I was denied...Almost picked up another one. :dunno:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    The Glock is very fine handgun. I regard it as the AK-47 of handguns. Not in a disparaging way but as a mention of respect. It goes bang everytime you pull the trigger and is accurate enough to hit at what you are aiming within pistol range.

that's the way I see them too.

Top Bottom