going to a friends house for the new years...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FortWayneGunfighter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 13, 2012
    The desert...
    The only problem they specifically told me to not bring the EDC they feel its not necessary :dunno: i was thinking with all the drinking and craziness that goes on on new years eve tonight would be one of the few nights id rather not be unarmed around a bunch of people i dont know. Thoughts? I was thinking just carry the knife..

Polished515

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Muncie
    Did they specifically tell you they don't want you to carry on their premises or did they simply state they don't think you need it?

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    Do you not have the funds to go buy a IWB holster today and wear a hoodie to the party? I keep a OC and CC holster handy for every handgun I own just for this reason. Definitely not a night I would want to be unarmed.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Concealed means concealed.
    Allthough if you plan on enjoying a few too many drinks I personally would leave it in the car. But you're a big boy and can make your own decisions, it's just my personal preference that if I know I'm going to be enjoying alcohol more than one or two I'll leave the gun.
    If I'm not okay to drive I'm not okay to carry, again that's my rule for me and probably the reason I don't drink like I used to much any more.

FortWayneGunfighter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 13, 2012
    The desert...
    I doubt we'll be drinking these boys aint the type to i dont intend to shoot anyone while there however who wakes up in the morning saying "im going to shoot someone at the party tonight"? Also we will be going out probably late again no alcohol. I was specifically asked not to bring the pistol.

Polished515

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Muncie
    Well if you were specifically asked not to bring it I would say either don't go or leave it in your vehicle. Personally my friends wouldn't ask that of me so I've never dealt with a situation like that.

Dwight

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Sheridan
    I think I would find somewhere else to celebrate. I have great friends, but I don't saddle (trust) them with the responsibilty of my safety.

Concerned Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Stay home. Nothing good ever happens after midnight.

You apparently have never been to one of OUR parties...

On a more serious note, I would have a frank discussion with these people. Explain to them that you carry everywhere you go, and it's no different than you having a knife or a hammer in your back pocket. Also bring up the fact that almost every mass murder happens in a gun free zone. They can stick their head in the sand and pretend that there isn't real Evil out there, but it doesn't change the fact that there really is.

My "Anti" friends know that I am going to be packing at all times, but I keep it concealed while at their homes, out of courtesy. A loose fitting shirt un-tucked will hide a lot.

I would suggest telling them that stopping you from carrying is stopping you from comming tonight (or staying. It would be better to have this conversation in person).

If you arn't willing to take that stand tonight, then I would suggest a compromise; Comply with their wishes tonight, but take this opportunity to tell them the 'folly of their ways', and let them know that next time, you will be carrying, or you won't be comming over. Then back it up with your actions.

If you aren't willing to do that, then next time you go over there, just leave your piece at home, and as you're walking out the door, take a deep breath, and say out loud...BAAAHHHH.

Also, read this for perspective: On Sheep, Wolves, and Sheepdogs - Dave Grossman

FortWayneGunfighter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 13, 2012
    The desert...
    You apparently have never been to one of OUR parties...

On a more serious note, I would have a frank discussion with these people. Explain to them that you carry everywhere you go, and it's no different than you having a knife or a hammer in your back pocket. Also bring up the fact that almost every mass murder happens in a gun free zone. They can stick their head in the sand and pretend that there isn't real Evil out there, but it doesn't change the fact that there really is.

My "Anti" friends know that I am going to be packing at all times, but I keep it concealed while at their homes, out of courtesy. A loose fitting shirt un-tucked will hide a lot.

I would suggest telling them that stopping you from carrying is stopping you from comming tonight (or staying. It would be better to have this conversation in person).

If you arn't willing to take that stand tonight, then I would suggest a compromise; Comply with their wishes tonight, but take this opportunity to tell them the 'folly of their ways', and let them know that next time, you will be carrying, or you won't be comming over. Then back it up with your actions.

If you aren't willing to do that, then next time you go over there, just leave your piece at home, and as you're walking out the door, take a deep breath, and say out loud...BAAAHHHH.

Also, read this for perspective: On Sheep, Wolves, and Sheepdogs - Dave Grossman

I have attempted on multiple occasions to tell them about me always carrying they object to me carrying in church which i do anyways. The old people shoot up chuchs argument didnt work. so not so sure what to do other than carry against their wishes or just carry the knife. I know about the sheep and their stubbornness

JR50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Significantly North of Rt. 30
    Take Frank's advice. He is the wisest JBT on INGO. ;)
    Yup, except for the JBT part
    Why would you go to a party where you anticipated a need to carry?:rolleyes:
    Stay safe. Alcohol and firearms don't mix!

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Take Frank's advice. He is the wisest JBT on INGO. ;)
    Yup, except for the JBT part
    Why would you go to a party where you anticipated a need to carry?:rolleyes:
    Stay safe. Alcohol and firearms don't mix!

I don't claim to be or care to be the wisest (insert profession here) on INGO. Like everyone else, I am entitled to my opinion. He asked for it, he got it. Whether he accepts it or ignores it I care not. But if someone is that concerned about their personal safety in a situation they are volunteering to put themselves in, maybe they shouldn't put themselves in it.

Top Bottom