• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Since I travel a lot, I always go the pertinent states' official websites and print the reciprocity information and legislation reference. It will save you hassle if you encounter an LEO who is ignorant of the reciprocity agreement. I also call their Department of Public Safety, State Police, or equivalent agency to confirm that the information is still valid and to ask if it is required to notify an LEO if stopped, firearms in alcohol establishments, and other silly stuff.

You should be good in both states.

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    I know TN has restrictions on carrying in places that sell alcohol, and other things like that. So I would definitely read up on their laws before leaving.

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    I know TN has restrictions on carrying in places that sell alcohol, and other things like that. So I would definitely read up on their laws before leaving.

:+1:

Your LTCH is good in both Kentucky and Tennessee, but you MUST abide by all their state laws while you're carrying there.

Barry in IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    Since I travel a lot, I always go the pertinent states' official websites and print the reciprocity information and legislation reference.

I do the same. I go to the state's sites and print the reciprocity provisions, highlight "Indiana" and/or right the appririate page number on the front, then stick 'em in the glove compartment.
    You never know. It would get cleared up eventually, but if you have the state's laws in hand, it might get it taken care of quicker.

Besides handgun carry regs, I find the parts pertaining to general "guns in the car" regs, since I always keep a long gun around.

My wife's family is in GA, close the the corner of AL, FL and GA, so we pass through KY and TN along the way. Unless something has changed in the last two weeks, we are good along our entire route: KY, TN, AL, GA...and FL if we go there.

I think either KY, TN, or both, basically say that if you have a permit in your home state, you are good.
    But yes, check their laws too. GA, for example, has a "public gathering" clause that can get a little gray.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Shameless plug inserted here for Welcome to CarryConcealed.net, since I update the page for the maps. There are some programming issues behind the scenes that we're working on getting fixed, but the maps are mostly accurate. If you have a question, I'll be happy to check it out from what I've seen on the states' own websites.

Disclaimer: IANAL and TINLA provisions apply.

Blessings,
    B

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    RE: Traveling *through*...
    FOPA 1986 affords you safe passage if you're just passing through a state with strict gun control laws as long as your firearms and ammunition are securely locked, unloaded, and not immediately accessible.
    Print out a copy and travel with it.

Top Bottom