• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Limpy88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Lafayette
    I know alot of kids that were raise by other family members, because they parents died. Let alone all the foster kids out there. They dont have mothers and fathers.

Mothers and fathers day are fake holidays made up by companies to sell ****. So Im ok with it. The more and faster they include everyone the faster the stupid days dies off.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Because if some dummy decides to "take action", they don't want someone to sue them claiming they had a part of it.
    Probably
    Or get thrown off of social media for doxxing someone who isn't conservative or Republican or guilty of wrongthink

See: LibsOfTikTok

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Why would anyone be liable?

Have you not seen cases in court that might make it a worry?
    THIS ^^^^

Your chances of being sued are related only to how deep your pockets are perceived to be

Guilt or innocence has little to do with it. The hope is for a payoff in order to go away

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Just more fantasy from the feel good people. Reality is only in your head.
    Then we have the people who act like they are the parents of the pets they own.
    Or that their own parents are the grandparents of the cat or dog.
    People that feel like this are usually just jealous and think some of that affection should belong to them

If people, ESPECIALLY children, were as loyal, loving and trustworthy as a dog then they might deserve a bit of it

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I know alot of kids that were raise by other family members, because they parents died. Let alone all the foster kids out there. They dont have mothers and fathers.

Mothers and fathers day are fake holidays made up by companies to sell ****. So Im ok with it. The more and faster they include everyone the faster the stupid days dies off.
    This is specious

Do we try to include the people who haven't served in veteran's Day?

You don't broaden the definition until it is meaningless. If they want recognition of a 'Non-traditional Family Day', petition their congressman; god knows establishing such things is about all they're good for anyway

garni

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2018
    New Albany
    I'm going to go very slightly against the grain here. I'm not opposed to a school having an "adult who loves me" day. But I'm very much opposed to getting rid of mother's/father's day. Have all three. I've known a couple of kids that didn't have a mom or dad in their lives, but did have some one(s) who filled that role but didn't take on the title. And I'm sure I'm not the only one here that has. So why not have all three? And yes I know that isn't why they are doing this.
    I agree.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I have seen companies offer "opt out" of mother's day marketing and such. Thought being someone who could not conceive or lost a child may be hurt by the messaging. I think that is thoughtful.

KomradeEli

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2017
    Castleton (NE Indy)
    We once took my dad to Cedar Point for Father’s Day. When we got there we found out that the local LGBTQ community had dubbed it gay day at the park so there were just hundreds of gay couples lol. It was an interesting day

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

So what? **** that! There should be a day to honor fathers and mothers. So sorry for those that lost their mother or father but such is life. Don’t they call them foster parents? So they do have a father and mother in that case. Many kids lost their mothers young and will still celebrate the woman that raised them, often times with more love than biological kids do. Sorry you think this sucks so much…

Limpy88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Lafayette
    So what? **** that! There should be a day to honor fathers and mothers. So sorry for those that lost their mother or father but such is life. Don’t they call them foster parents? So they do have a father and mother in that case. Many kids lost their mothers young and will still celebrate the woman that raised them, often times with more love than biological kids do. Sorry you think this sucks so much…

No, alot of foster kids I have met were just checks to the ppl who got them. Love was never a part fo there life.

All these fake days are ********.
    Your honor the ppl that mean something through your actions on a regular basis. Not because some greedy companies tell you to at certain time of year.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    No, alot of foster kids I have met were just checks to the ppl who got them. Love was never a part fo there life.

Your honor the ppl that mean something through your actions on a regular basis. Not because some greedy companies tell you to at certain time of year.
    Your mother deserves better…

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

To be fair, these are not Hallmark holidays. They are actual Government recognized ones.

On the flip side, no one said families have to celebrate anything other than Mother's day. Instead they are giving children who do not have a mother a chance to participate in an activity. What is wrong with that? Sometimes people have too much of a knee jerk reaction to things.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Brandonki
    Top Bottom