• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Warrior

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    I enjoy going every time. Some of the prices that were retail plus in January were much more in line. I even passed on a 250 count box of 9mm target rounds that was less than Wal-Mart price (dumb on my part). Worth the admission price to see the stock of 100 shops under one roof.

Kirkd

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Greenwood
    It depends on what you are looking for. Need reloading supplies, then go. If you are looking for a good deal on firearms, not so much. However, there are a few exceptions. If you go, find Zx guns. They have good deals. Many vendors still think it is January and your local gunshop will have a better deal. Good deals on ammo were hard to come by, at least during the last show.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    This show (October 18,19,20) will be in the South Pavilion. IIRC, that's a bigger building(s) so won't be as crowded. I plan on attending.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    I'm kinda over it. Not been impressed last couple times. Depending on how bored I am I might stop in one day to take a look at Brad and Knife lady's table (the only thing I really enjoying looking at lately since ammo tables are a rip off and gun prices aren't anything to cheer about) and some basics.

goldtrigger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Morgan county
    I will likely attend with some family members. I will attend mainly for entertainment. Its a fun time!
    Not expecting to see any real deals on guns or ammo.

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    Im taking a car full of people, we go for the fun of it, sometimes get a deal, last show cost me 800$ lol and i didnt even buy a gun lmao. But its all about a persons personal motives. My family just loves to go. lol

Valor35

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2011
    Lafayette
    I am trying something new this time -- taking my wife for the first time, then doing dinner. She has heard me talk about the 1500 for years, and wants to see the 'show'. Who knows, maybe I can talk her into letting me buy her something . . . you know, for her . . . really! Not for me, honest . . .

Blkbrd11XX

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Carmel
    I plan on going(first timer) just to try and get my hands on as many .40s as possible. Hopefully, I will find one that "fits" me. Whats needed to make a purchse? permit, license and cash? anything else?

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I plan on going(first timer) just to try and get my hands on as many .40s as possible. Hopefully, I will find one that "fits" me. Whats needed to make a purchse? permit, license and cash? anything else?
    I.D. And cash, or debit/credit card. Your LTCH is not needed to purchase anything.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis

You wont need a permit (or license to carry) to buy anything.

You will need an indiana driver's license or picture ID to buy (firearms) from an FFL, and some privateers might want to verify you are an indiana resident too - but some may not bother to look.

Blkbrd11XX

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Carmel
    ok cool, thanks fellas
    this is probably a dumb question, but they track firearm purchases, right? meaning my name will be attached to the gun's serial number?
    also, while im on a dumb question roll, you dont need a permit to buy or have a gun but you need one to carry it? im lost. why did i get an LTCH?

wildhair

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2013
    Indianapolis
    ok cool, thanks fellas
    this is probably a dumb question, but they track firearm purchases, right? meaning my name will be attached to the gun's serial number?
    also, while im on a dumb question roll, you dont need a permit to buy or have a gun but you need one to carry it? im lost. why did i get an LTCH?

As long as the gun is in the trunk (unloaded) and any ammo is up front with you, you'll be cool. Oh the LTCH is so you can have the gun loaded and on you.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    ok cool, thanks fellas
    There is no gun registry (yet), so no, they don't tie the serial number to you per se. If you buy from a regular FFL holder (ie. a dealer vs. a private seller), he will log a sale for his record keeping, but it goes nowhere unless he is audited by BATFE or something. He will also have you fill out the 4473 and will call it in to NICS, but again, that information isn't kept by them. Its simply a "proceed" or "do not proceed" with the sale.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    As of now I'm planning on going, mainly to find some projectiles so I can start reloading for my rifles this winter. I've never really looked before, so I don't know how likely it will be that I'll find what I'm looking for. I'm sure there will be .308 boolits, but not so sure about 6.5 mm or 8mm. :dunno: Anyone know of some good vendors at the show that would be likely to have some of the less popular calibers?

Top Bottom