• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FNRA Scott

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2012
    East Central Indiana
    Went shopping for a few goodies today. One thing I wanted was a new 52" padded soft case for my O/U. Looked on GM website and saw what I wanted. Bought a 824-52 Allen charcoal with pocket soft case. Nice looking for $29.95. Wanted something nice to protect the shotgun.
    On the way home, wife suggested we stop at Meijer. She went to buy groceries and I went back to the sporting goods. Who knows what ammo they MIGHT have? LMAO
    There next to the ammo was the soft gun cases. Couldn't believe what I saw. The same case I just bought but priced at $19.99- $10.00 CHEAPER!!! :scratch:

Of all places, I would never have guessed that grocery superstore would beat out a sporting goods store on a simple gun case. :dunno:
    Maybe I should have done a price check on the beef jerky. :rolleyes:

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    Went shopping for a few goodies today. One thing I wanted was a new 52" padded soft case for my O/U. Looked on GM website and saw what I wanted. Bought a 824-52 Allen charcoal with pocket soft case. Nice looking for $29.95. Wanted something nice to protect the shotgun.
    On the way home, wife suggested we stop at Meijer. She went to buy groceries and I went back to the sporting goods. Who knows what ammo they MIGHT have? LMAO
    There next to the ammo was the soft gun cases. Couldn't believe what I saw. The same case I just bought but priced at $19.99- $10.00 CHEAPER!!! :scratch:

Of all places, I would never have guessed that grocery superstore would beat out a sporting goods store on a simple gun case. :dunno:
    Maybe I should have done a price check on the beef jerky. :rolleyes:

Gander Mountain is famous FOR charging more than most every other store in the area.

FNRA Scott

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2012
    East Central Indiana
    Will you be going back tomorrow to return your GM case?? ;)

YEP- it will be returned along with the silica gel can I bought for the safe. The receipt is already in the case.
    On my way home, I called a friend and told him what I bought. He said that they get silica bags at work. They are packed in the media barrels and they are the ones that can be recharged in the oven.
    Going to get some of those too. :thumbsup:

FMJ

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    Fort Waste
    Fort Wayne Gander Mountain is a huge joke!

I just buy what i want/need online. Even with shipping costs i come out ahead compared to GM's rediculous markups.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Meijer is a good store to look for ammo and gun related items. Seems like a lot of folks don't know they carry it.

I picked up a Plano gun case for my son's Savage Rascal while they had them on clearance and they were cheaper than anywhere else I looked.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    I can remember buying most of my guns and supplies at Gander, but not anymore. Those idiots have turned into one of the most expensive places around my area.:n00b:

tatic05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    I can remember buying most of my guns and supplies at Gander, but not anymore. Those idiots have turned into one of the most expensive places around my area.:n00b:

Agreed plus, their employees do not have very much knowledge when it comes to firearms. I will never go to GM again.

paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    I personally love Gander Mountain! Its a lot of fun to walk around, look at the outrageous prices and giggle to myself. Last week seen boxes of Remington 45's for $36.00. On top of that, listening to the some of the EXPERTS at the firearm section is entertainment on a whole new level. The best part is walking out and not having spent a dime!

nm0369

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Indy Southside
    Meijer seems to have decent prices on ammo, but never anything in stock. I went by GM in Castleton today looking for 9mm defense rounds (gold dots etc), and they didn't have a single box of anything 9mm! :n00b: They had cases of 12ga filling the shelves....

~Jeff~

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Gander Mountain is rediculous on their prices. I've gone in there several times only to leave irritated and empty handed.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    I always check the local Meijer. Picked up several boxes of .38special +p and a box of .22LR there just the other day.

Top Bottom