• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I have PIG gloves from SKD Tactical and really like them. I spent 16 hours on the rifle range the past couple days and they never came off. Shooting, loading mags, drinking coffee…they stayed on.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    I have PIG gloves from SKD Tactical and really like them. I spent 16 hours on the rifle range the past couple days and they never came off. Shooting, loading mags, drinking coffee…they stayed on.
    What are they like in terms of longevity? I haven't been too impressed with Mechanix gloves recently.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    What are they like in terms of longevity? I haven't been too impressed with Mechanix gloves recently.

I recently wore through a pair of mechanics gloves quick. Granted, I was handling landscape bricks, but the fingers gave up really fast. Kind of like why one would have wore the gloves for in the first place. :rolleyes:

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I’ve only had them about 6 months, but still holding up fine. SKD even had a disclaimer that gloves are a consumable product and don’t expect them to last forever. Even with that warning, I’ve been happy with how they’ve held up.

And agreed with above on Mechanix. I wore through the fingers of mine building my fire pit. Only pair of gloves I’ve ever tossed because I wore holes through them.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I’ve only had them about 6 months, but still holding up fine. SKD even had a disclaimer that gloves are a consumable product and don’t expect them to last forever. Even with that warning, I’ve been happy with how they’ve held up.

And agreed with above on Mechanix. I wore through the fingers of mine building my fire pit. Only pair of gloves I’ve ever tossed because I wore holes through them.

I wear those for work. Logging, doing firewood on the side, and tasks around the property. They have actually out lasted the leather work gloves I have bought from RK, Tractor Supply, local hardware store. I paid around $15-25 for leather work gloves and my thumb, and fingers wear out pretty fast. The Mechanix 4x gloves have actually lasted over two months. I don't know if this is a freak pair but I'm willing to try them again.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    I've found thin and snug to work best during cooler temps. If your fingers get cold easily like mine, then a chemical handwarmer on the back of each hand works wonders. I can stay out for hours and my hands stay nice and toasty.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I've found thin and snug to work best during cooler temps. If your fingers get cold easily like mine, then a chemical handwarmer on the back of each hand works wonders. I can stay out for hours and my hands stay nice and toasty.
    I was hoping divers gloves 3mm would work. They did keep my hands warm, I could grip the 1911 10mm but I couldn't maintain grip because the gloves were to slippery once it was fired. Do not recommend at all. Also super slow pulling off if you had to.
    I used to use Mechanix, but after having used them for work Nitrile dipped cut resistant are my favs, unbeatable dexterity imo.

Something similar to these, I prefer Velcro cuffs, but those are hard to find these days.

Amazon product ASIN B079RF6HJH
    I've ordered some of these nitrile dipped cut resistant gloves to try out.

I personally like baseball batting gloves, and golf gloves they are very thin and have a lot of dexterity but both are no good in 0 or below weather for warmth.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Got the nitrile dipped cut resistant gloves today. Not very dexterous imo. Looks like batting gloves and hand warmers for me.

I just found a pair at Rural king that are extremely thin. I thought the rubber on them would be thicker, but these are really thin. They were only $4, so I bought a pair to try.

Top Bottom