• ...and so much more!
  • Terry A

Marksman
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    NWI
    I just listened to a recording of the 911 call and the Chief said he accidently shot his wife twice with the Glock 17, I find this hard to believe with the trigger pull on a glock.

Tac45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2012
    SS
    Something as simple as a cheap kydex trigger holster would have prevented this. His finger must have magically accidentally been on the trigger...

Glocks aren't bad, stupid people with poor safety etiquette are bad....

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    What do you say to a wife that you just shot twice? Nothing.....she's probably dead.

In in all seriousness, it sounds like the Chief had some issues with his wife and is trying to get off the hook. Maybe some time spent with the people he helped lock up will do him some good.

walleyepw

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    What a nut. I have my Khar 9mm loaded, holstered, in my night stand at night. But I don't have a loaded firearm in bed with me. Safety, double action, no safety, single action, I don't think that I would sleep with a loaded firearm under the pillow.

Zjhagens

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    "The gun went off" sure. I love hearing people blame the gun for their stupidity when it is a physical impossibility.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Has there ever been a documented case of even a Glock firing all by itself or with just a touch somewhere other than the trigger?
    I dont' have the total knowledge of the world but I'm guessing the correct answer to your question is NO.
    Unless you are talking old single action pistols I don't believe that the Glock is the only Semi-auto you could make that statement about. I taught a class today and I tell EVERY class, "there are NO accidental discharges, only negligent ones". Inert objects don't do bad things on their own, human intervention is normally the cause.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT]
    Ruger MK III, M&P & 1911mechanic
    NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] –[/FONT]Certified Glock armorer

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I 'sleep' with my G19. It sits in a holster underneath my pillow. No injuries here.

Solid holster its not coming out of without being pulled out though and my head doesn't rest on it. Its near the edge of the bed.

Top Bottom