• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Voldemort

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 4, 2014
    Indiana
    I'm thinking of building a poly 80% G19 and researching parts. Most after market barrels have a 1:16 while OEM is 1:10. Any experience with the 1:10 versions out there?

G192127

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 19, 2018
    Shelbyville
    Maybe the difference is conventional cut optimal twist vs hammer forged poly's twist rate.(they are vastly different concepts)
    My experience with aftermarket is they are usually cut rifleing so they can shoot lead.
    Maybe consider doing a .40 slide; when you put a 9mm bbl in a .40 slide you get a bigger dia. bbl.
    Hope that helps. You probably knew all this...

Last edited:

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    Dunno. But I do know that most conventional pistol bullets do not require much more RPM to gyro stabilize than a .22 LR. Look at their form factor, SD and BC figures if you're a science-y type, or just hold a couple side-by-side in your mitt if you are a visual type...you'll see why.

The issue though, is that pistols don't typically generate the same speed, so to compensate, the twist rate of the barrel on a pistol--all else being equal--has always been tighter.

My advice: What twist rate do Shuemann, KKM, and Bar-Sto use? If they're good with it, you should be too.

-Nate

Top Bottom