• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zzephaniah

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2014
    NWI
    I've always had 1911's but I'm looking to get a glock 26. Do the parts on glocks need to be fitted like a 1911? and how difficult is it to work on these guns?

roadrunner681

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    henry county
    well make sure you handle a glock before you buy one, im betting if you a 1911 guy you will hate the grip and trigger. from my understanding glocks are kinda plug and play most parts fit right in them no problem.

zzephaniah

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2014
    NWI
    well make sure you handle a glock before you buy one, im betting if you a 1911 guy you will hate the grip and trigger. from my understanding glocks are kinda plug and play most parts fit right in them no problem.
    I've used one before and I actually liked it, I tried the XDS which has a 1911 type feel to it and the glock still seemed to sit better in my hand. I'm more accurate with the 1911, but I'm sure I just need to get a feel for the glock and put some practice into it.

roadrunner681

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    henry county
    I've used one before and I actually liked it, I tried the XDS which has a 1911 type feel to it and the glock still seemed to sit better in my hand. I'm more accurate with the 1911, but I'm sure I just need to get a feel for the glock and put some practice into it.
    before you go to far i would try a cz p07 or a p09 there about the same price, i surprise you like them i hate the feeling of them feels like im holding a fence post to me.

zzephaniah

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2014
    NWI
    before you go to far i would try a cz p07 or a p09 there about the same price, i surprise you like them i hate the feeling of them feels like im holding a fence post to me.
    The cz guns are larger than the 26, I'm not too big and I'm looking for something I could easily tuck away under a shirt.
    I have looked at cz before though and they look very nice, Thanks for the info though.

baddyna96

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Demotte, IN.
    I've always had 1911's but I'm looking to get a glock 26. Do the parts on glocks need to be fitted like a 1911? and how difficult is it to work on these guns?
    Come to the NWI March Meet and Shoot and you can try mine. I have a 27 Gen3 (.40 cal) and a 17 Gen4 (9mm). No "fitting needed out of the box. I did put 3.5 lb. trigger kits in them, but that is just a matter of preference.

figley

Expert
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    SW Indy
    With a 3/32" punch and YouTube, you can do everything but swap sights. Helpful, but not required, I like a hockey puck with a few various holes drilled in it.

ETA: I was going to mention standard modifications, but you'll figure out what you prefer

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    What are you wanting to do with/to it?

Most everything that you could replace, can be done with little or no fitting.

I'd suggest shooting one before deciding what parts to replace.

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    Glocks are easy to work on. There is no fitting like a 1911. You can polish parts to get a smoother action and trigger.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Glock 26 makes an excellent concealment pistol. I look at Glock's kind of like I do a Bic lighter; Cheap, rugged, and ultra reliable. I love the 1911, but would definitely take some "Austrian combat tupperware" over a "nickel plated sissy pistol" in a gun fight any day.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN

I'm a die hard 1911 fan and still have room to love Glocks too. They are worlds different than a 1911 but different does not always mean bad. You'll be amazed at how simple the construction of a Glock is. Pop 3 pins and the whole guts fall right out. The slide comes apart similar to a 1911. The biggest difference for me is that I run my Glocks almost dry. A couple of tiny drops of oil on very specific parts is all they need and there are some that will debate whether they need even that. I tend to run my 1911s on the wet side unless I carry them. Those get lubed a lightly, but still lubed.

As a 1911 guy, if you have trouble with the G26 not pointing all that well for you, you can use a Grip-Force Adapter. It adds a bit of material to the top of the grip and helps a Glock point a bit lower like a 1911. Or, you can run an extended main spring housing on your 1911 to help it point more like a Glock. There's no reason someone that loves a 1911 cannot be happy with a Glock too. They are different, but are both good guns.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Glocks are easy to work on. There is no fitting like a 1911. You can polish parts to get a smoother action and trigger.

The only part I've needed to do any fitting with a Glock is the Ghost connector. Not the standard Ghost connector, but the one with the leg that sticks out on the front. You need to tune that leg to control over travel if you go that route. Or, you can just have Charlie work the trigger over and not worry about it. Most aftermarket connectors are a drop in part. Do a bit of polish to help your trigger feel, but a standard style connector needs no fitting.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I have a Glock 30 2.5 Gen. It's light. I will give it that. Other wise I will take my 1911. Better trigger and I can hit want I shoot at. Someday I may spend some time with the Glock trigger. Mean while I'll keep shooting the 1911.

Top Bottom